Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help starting a 2016 jeep renegade, it is crashed and the dash lights don't turn on i need this to program a new key except this, is there any way to start it without a key? I also tried to buy a new key but it seems that the body control is damaged and does not make the parking lights come on when buying a new body control, would I need to program it for my car especially?

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash. I hope all are well.

W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Unfortunately, without a working Body Control Module (BCM) the Renegade is not going to start.
The dealer will have to replace the BCM and then reprogram the key(s) to work with it.
The keys are programmed into the BCM.

The BCM is a primary module. Without the BCM there isn't much of anything that is going to work.
The Instrument cluster, the Engine Control Module (ECM), Transmission Control Module (TCM), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and even the radio just to name a few run through the BCM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear about your crash. I hope all are well.

W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Unfortunately, without a working Body Control Module (BCM) the Renegade is not going to start.
The dealer will have to replace the BCM and then reprogram the key(s) to work with it.
The keys are programmed into the BCM.

The BCM is a primary module. Without the BCM there isn't much of anything that is going to work.
The Instrument cluster, the Engine Control Module (ECM), Transmission Control Module (TCM), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and even the radio just to name a few run through the BCM.
thanks for your help, i buyed a new body control (BCM) Do I need to program it for my specific car and if this is how I do it ?, I bought a new key too to try to start it

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
thanks for your help, i buyed a new body control (BCM) Do I need to program it for my specific car and if this is how I do it ?, I bought a new key too to try to start it
Yes, it will have to be programmed with your vehicles Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and odometer reading.

It will have to be programmed by a dealer, and the new key will have to be programmed into the BCM before it will work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[QUOTE = "IDoMy0wnRacing, publicación: 916320, miembro: 34442"]
Sí, deberá programarse con el número de identificación del vehículo (VIN) de su vehículo y la lectura del odómetro.

Tendrá que ser programado por un distribuidor, y la nueva clave tendrá que ser programada en el BCM antes de que funcione.
[/CITAR]
thanks you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts