Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having a 2015 Renegade Trailhawk for a year, I traded up for a 2016 Renegade Trailhawk with a few more options.
I played with it,, a lot, and made a few modifications. I had fun with it and learned a lot about them.
A few days ago I said good bye to my ol' friend and traded it in for another Trailhawk with even more options... and a bit more power.

I couple pics of my saying good bye (the flag in the background was me showing off my patriotic side).

A couple pics of my new friend.

As you can imagine, I am already looking to make a few modifications which would include, but not limited to: bumpers, winch, exhaust, bigger/wider tires, lights, and probably a supercharger of one sort or another. lol

… I just can't stop touching it. weg

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Congratulations on your new Jeep. You now have a new project. Check back with us every once in a while, your help to the forum has been great and I personally have appreciated it. As I have said before, we like pictures!! (y)

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Renegade Altitude 4x4
69 Posts
Can you not take off the mods prior to trade-in and put the mods on the new model? I mean, if you have the $$$, more power to you, but I know I wouldn't want to pay for the same mods multiple times.

Congrats on the newer ride though!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you not take off the mods prior to trade-in and put the mods on the new model? I mean, if you have the $$$, more power to you, but I know I wouldn't want to pay for the same mods multiple times.

Congrats on the newer ride though!
I could have if I had gotten another Renegade, but.

I took the turbo set up off. The dealer didn't like the 2.4l turbo option (even though it was a MOPAR endorsed build), so I kept it.

The turbo that I used on the Renegade would be too small for the 5.7 Hemi... lol

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Renegade Altitude 4x4
69 Posts
I could have if I had gotten another Renegade, but.

I took the turbo set up off. The dealer didn't like the 2.4l turbo option (even though it was a MOPAR endorsed build), so I kept it.

The turbo that I used on the Renegade would be too small for the 5.7 Hemi... lol
Ah...just figured you'd take off the mods, sell them, then buy what you need for your new ride. I can think of a few people on this forum who wouldn't have minded grabbing your mods slightly discounted. ;) I know that not everyone keeps their take-offs though...so when they put a new bumper on, for instance, they don't keep the OEM one to put back on when they trade in the vehicle.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congrats on the new ride !! My wife had a Grand Cherokee back in 1998, she absolutely loved it ! Most comfortable seats I ever put my scrawny butt on ! It was 4WD, but she never took it off-road. I never did either, because if I trashed out "her" ride, Katy bar the door, I'd STILL be hearing about it !! We traded it in 2005 for her current vehicle, a Jeep Liberty Renegade (back when Renegade was an options package, not a vehicle, 'member them days ?). There was nothing wrong with her Cherokee, she just fell in love with "the little Jeep". She's still riding her Liberty to this day, 15 years later.

Here's to you enjoying your new ride !!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the new ride !! My wife had a Grand Cherokee back in 1998, she absolutely loved it ! Most comfortable seats I ever put my scrawny butt on ! It was 4WD, but she never took it off-road. I never did either, because if I trashed out "her" ride, Katy bar the door, I'd STILL be hearing about it !! We traded it in 2005 for her current vehicle, a Jeep Liberty Renegade (back when Renegade was an options package, not a vehicle, 'member them days ?). There was nothing wrong with her Cherokee, she just fell in love with "the little Jeep". She's still riding her Liberty to this day, 15 years later.

Here's to you enjoying your new ride !!

Thanks for that. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How is the new ride going @IDoMy0wnRacing ? I hope you are enjoying it!
I am digging it. I kept with the Trailhawk family for off-road-ability, but Sport Mode and that 5.7 Hemi sure is fun in the mountains. lol
I did replace the exhaust already, I wanted to hear that V8.

I still want to play a bit. My future plans are to add some armor to the front and rear, sliders for the sides, and a little it larger tire (really, just a little larger).
And of course, there is a supercharge on my "to-do-list". weg conservatively, I can see 400-ish hp at the wheels. lol

Thanks for checking up on my, I appreciate it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts