Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
wow you don't drive it too much...
I will be at 10K by the end of August...
So I am a durability tester for this vehicle

I mainly do short runs. In a couple of weeks it will be getting some miles as we are travelling to the other side of our little island :)

Reactions: sciond

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
What's the latest, OBXMan? This thread was initiated by you. I would only hope you finish it. Tah!
Dealer said the Rene that we drove is still available. Wife prefers it over the Subaru.

I asked the dealer about the resolution to the AC issue. Waiting to hear the details. Probably not until Monday.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Done just over 4000mls in the 2 months we had had ours, no problems, just used 2 bottles of glass cleaner on the windscreen (fxxxin bugs) :). Better watch the milage as its a motobillity car, but just making excuses to go out and drive. Trust me the Renny is that good.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Excellent, OBXMan! Progress. Now, if your Wife prefers the Renegade over the Subaru, the momentum edge may just have shifted. And, all this over the vehicle's air conditioning system.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Excellent, OBXMan! Progress. Now, if your Wife prefers the Renegade over the Subaru, the momentum edge may just have shifted. And, all this over the vehicle's air conditioning system.
Not just the AC system. We had concerns about the quality, and this spooked us.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not just the AC system. We had concerns about the quality, and this spooked us.
I did too as FCA bought back my Cherokee TH lemon. Hoever the Renegade has been a different story thus far.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Yes , there have been reliability issues, but there are more reliable ones than unreliable ones.

·
Registered
782 Posts
OK, OBXMan, you are starting quite a record of replies for one forum topic, it seems. So, can we all end the mystery with what's spooking you with "quality" issues with the Renegade?

BLUF: What are you going to do? Buy the Subaru Forester and call it a day? It's definitely decision time, OBXMan! Be decisive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Today marks the 25th straight....

that my new Renegade has been in the shop for a so far unfixable A/C issue. It has a little over 100 miles on it. They haven't contacted me in over 10 days. Anyone know if I can get my money back or ? I live in California. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I really want one of these too. But the lack of power with the Tigershark and the tepid A/C are just "no go" issues. I test drove 2 different trailhawks - 2 different dealers two different states. Lack of power was the same. And the A/C performance was the same.

With regard to A/C, it can be a very subjective thing especially when you're getting cool to cold air. But just how cold is the subjective part. So I've been taking the subjective out of it and bought a HVAC register thermometer. I now compare everything to my 2013 VW Passat. It blows 40 degree air when its 102 outside. (Max a/c - recirc on) It will freeze your a$$ off. So test driving the Renegades, 100 outside, center register never gave anything colder than 56 degrees. Compared to a Honda CRV (47 degrees) and a Toyota Rav4 (44 degrees). I am thinking something is just not right with the Renegade's A/C. Those differences are huge on a hot day.

Its not the ac, its the engineering of the center vents. They don't do the bulk of the work, the other vents do. Which is definitely atypical.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The airflow from my center vents in cooling is much better than in heating. The cooling in my 2015 Limited works fine, as it did in my 2013 Charger.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
that my new Renegade has been in the shop for a so far unfixable A/C issue. It has a little over 100 miles on it. They haven't contacted me in over 10 days. Anyone know if I can get my money back or ? I live in California. Thanks.
Could you take it to a different/better dealership?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its not the ac, its the engineering of the center vents. They don't do the bulk of the work, the other vents do. Which is definitely atypical.
For the 2 i test drove - yes it is the ac. I didn't mention I tested the side vent because it was warmer by a couple degrees. The center register was coolest on both of these.

·
Registered
95 Posts
:)
Or perhaps OBXMan can reply to us all and finish this discussion? Getting real, real old now.
Panzerkampfwagen-leave him be. Sometimes it takes more than a minute to decide on a $20,000 ish purchase. I am referring to posts 16,23,26,42,50,54, and 57 within this thread.

Perhaps it is your hounding him that is getting really old.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have had the BU in extreme heat conditions and it does OK. The only thing is a ton off heat radiates off the dash

41 - 60 of 91 Posts