Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy took me out to some trails in Three Rivers, Mi. We started on an easy trail to get the feeling of off roading down. Turns out there was a huge mud pit at the end that my friend tried to get through in his Wrangler but it was a lot deeper than we thought. Took him a bit to get out and we heard a grinding noise after and looked underneath his car to see that the transfer case had slipped out. So that ended the short day for him.

After that happened he decided just to ride with me for the rest of the day. We had a good time and he was thoroughly impressed with the capabilities of a stock Trailhawk.

Here's some clips of some hill climbs and such. It's hard to see how steep the hills are in the videos, but you get the point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMzSKeeaWV0

·
Registered
16 Posts
awesome. Looks great!

When you first got your car, did it smell like the ocean? Serious question. I test drove one and it smelled like salt water and fish. :laugh:

slightly OT, but what was your out the door price?

Any issues with the relatively small trunk storage space?

Would you buy it again? Looks like it's off roading the way it should, but is it livable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) mine does not have an ocean smell to it at all.

2) trunk space is just fine for me, the rear seats fold down almost flat as well if you need more room.

3) I would definitely buy again. it doesn't feel small at all, and the confidinece that the 4wd gives you is incredible.

4) my OTD price (before employee discount) was $27,995

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.