Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been interested and have researched the Renegade for the last Year. One of the first to see it in person at the San Diego Auto Show, test drive the only Renegade in SD, the day it arrived. My dream was a white Limited, black leather interior, 4x2, Loaded, Nav, keyless entry, upgraded sound. I FINALLY found it 50 miles away and went to go purchase my new Renny. During the test-drive, the passenger mirror would not move and the driver side worked fine. Then when I was inside the car "playing" with the Nav and other features, I pressed the door lock. The driver door started to click back and forth randomly for about 10-15 seconds. I pressed it again and it did the same thing. Then I decided to get out and go look my salesman and let him know. I was LOCKED-IN, I could not exit the car on the driver side. I crawled over and went out the passenger side. Honestly, I was in tears...I have WANTED this car, researched it, finally found it, etc. I left the Jeep Dealership and went to buy my 2nd choice, a Lexus NX. I love it so far and think this was meant to be. I NEED Reliability and Jeep did not come through for me. If you get one, I hope it works out for you! I still LOVE the way it looks, but couldn't do it. Over and out! D~

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! Bad luck. I've driven 3 THawks, two in San Diego and all went well. Ordered a loaded custom one. My story was like yours, I was at the SD auto show too just to see the Renegade. Maybe I better test drive a few more? Do you mind saying which dealership? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.