Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed the last couple times that the warning light for possible ice on the road turned on at 6C, or 43F instead of the regular 4C or 40F. Any familiar experiences, or should I go see the service?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have noticed the last couple times that the warning light for possible ice on the road turned on at 6C, or 43F instead of the regular 4C or 40F. Any familiar experiences, or should I go see the service?
Are you worried that you won't know if there's ice on the road? Not sure why you would bother with a service visit over a 2 degree difference. If it's anywhere near freezing... there's a chance for ice. Guess that's just life in Michigan though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not abut my ice awareness on the road; it just drives me frustratingly crazy if it's not working properly.

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

The only Ice I see is in my glass of Iced tea!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Only ice I see is in the bottom of my vodka glass 🥃🥃🤣

Is there not a 3 degree deviance in the temperature settings for the Jeeps ice detection system.

However, pay no attention to the sensor at your peril. I can see ice andfeel a drop in temp when I am outside the Jeep but driving is different, (obviously) and external temp can rapidly change. If and when my sensor ever comes on it makes the brain think a little about slowing down.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Did you ever think that maybe the 6c is the correct temp and 4c was the wrong temp and now it's reading properly ?

I don't know exactly where you live, but here in the States, we don't get ice until it's below 32* F (0* C) for quite a while. At 40 we just bitch about how cold it is...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts