Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got call today that I might be able to pick her up on Friday.

Was wondering if you got to reverse time & walk in and pick up your Jeep again what would you look out for in the initial tire kicking exercise.

I'm going to look at the mirrors for damage as someone mentioned that once.

Anything else you wish you had brought up or checked before you left the lot(USA) forecourt (UK).?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Had software update yesterday and since then the stop/start hasn't worked. Foned Jeep dealer and technician said give it a couple of days as battery voltage sometimes drops. If it doesn't work in a couple of days fone up and bring it in. Italian electrics, who'd have 'em?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had software update yesterday and since then the stop/start hasn't worked. Foned Jeep dealer and technician said give it a couple of days as battery voltage sometimes drops. If it doesn't work in a couple of days fone up and bring it in. Italian electrics, who'd have 'em?
Yea you'll be bringing her in. That sounds like a load of fluff.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had all sorts of things I planned to do, but got carried away on the day.
Wife noticed a mark on the door and there was a scuff on the dash that needed a smart repair, but I would suggest you take along someone who can give it a good going over while you are in signing paperwork etc.

Regrets? I wish I had ordered the folding mirrors/keyless go option at £300 - not for the keyless go but for the electric folding mirrirs.

And K4L - I tend to side with the dealer, the stop/start is erratic, - I drove to Kent and back on Saturday and it didn't trigger once. Also hasn't worked since (haven't had the updates yet).
From experience with my last car, it can take a good week before it starts working again after there has been a drain on the battery, I'm pretty sure that this is the software being over cautious on when it allows the stop/start to come in. From experience you may be on a hiding to nothing getting them to look at it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I took a list along and spent 20 minutes going round the vehicle then ticking off each item. The type of thing on my list were:

Are all the items I specified there (for me HID lights, Beats audio, parking pack, full sized spare wheel, rubber matts).
Body panel, bonnet, rear lift gate and door fit
Glass... all unblemished and no chips
Paintwork -any scratches...any polishing wheel marks (if you get any coatings put on)
Interior - leather fault free?, scratches on inside of doors and dash area?
Alloy wheels- perfect??
One thing I found was a chip on the matt plastic door trim.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It would of been nice to have the 4x4 option, but other than that I am 100% happy w/ my purchase. Having this rearview camera has just about spoiled me haha. SAT radio is really nice, no issues w/ bluetooth music or phone calls. Text messages come in clearly on the Uconnect screen...and getting pretty good gas mileage. Overall very happy w/ everything (at the moment) lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
scratches on mirrors.
make sure the plastic bit that covers the bolt on the rear wiper hasn't popped off. (actually did that when I got mine, it was not on properly, but not missing yet).
make sure the key code and head unit codes are there.

That's about it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lets see. Take your car for a spin. Listen for the squeaky control arms. My passenger side has done it since day 1 and I didn't realize it until a few days later. As others have said mirrors, software up to date, Full tank of premium fuel, and you should be ready to rock. Vary speeds during the first 300 miles, avoid constant RPM, and redline. But feel free to boost away, good for break in.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
K4L - I tend to side with the dealer, the stop/start is erratic, - I drove to Kent and back on Saturday and it didn't trigger once. Also hasn't worked since (haven't had the updates yet).
From experience with my last car, it can take a good week before it starts working again after there has been a drain on the battery, I'm pretty sure that this is the software being over cautious on when it allows the stop/start to come in. From experience you may be on a hiding to nothing getting them to look at it.
If the stop/start is erratic, what is the point of Jeep installing it? Seems strange that it worked ok and then after a software update it stopped working.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Take your brochure and check that you have all that you think you should have - especially any options you have paid for. For example my front passenger seat has no in seat storage, the full size spare was a space saver, the mains outlet in the rear only takes European plugs. Old moans and more a reflection of a disconnect somewhere in Marketing. Overall what I would not do is turn around and walk out. I'd jump in and drive out with a smile on my face.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Only done 12 miles since I came home on Monday, so I will do some more miles and see what happens. Stop/start used to work on short runs, which is what the Renegade mainly does.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've yet to pick mine up so this is an interesting discussion. I'm slightly concerned about all the Software issues which seem to be in the forums - hopefully as my delivery is taking an age, it's because they are sorting out these issues.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've yet to pick mine up so this is an interesting discussion. I'm slightly concerned about all the Software issues which seem to be in the forums - hopefully as my delivery is taking an age, it's because they are sorting out these issues.
Yes. It's the one small advantage to waiting soooo long. 99% of the bugs should be completely irrelevant to us.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer didnt give me my MySky bags for some reason, needed to go back, of course they took the bag they gave me out of another TH, so now that one is missing for the next buyer. Check to make sure you have the right floor mats, they tried to pawn off some regular ones when my TH came with the slush guards.

If you dont have a spare, make sure your inflation kit is in there, shrink wrapped. Also there is a handful of accessories like a fuel nozzle thing, and a cheap screwdriver in the trunk insert.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think I would have tried to wheel'n'deal getting the front fascia on my Latitude replaced with the Trailhawk front fascia (really hate that lip! LOL). And maybe a factory-installed hitch-kit (though I'll be doing this soon, bought my RR-hitch-kit earlier today, and they've already shipped it out the door - whoohoo!). Oh - and a full-sized spare would've been nice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.