Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update if the headlights are on the bulb does not flicker, when not it seems one bulb is flickering between the two elements back and forth. Any ideas. It seems its jumping between the two brightnesses after min or two both bulbs flicker.

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update just received replacement bulbs, quick response, installed them let you know what happens. original problem took a while to happen.
IJDM customer service has been excellent.

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IJDM DRL's

Anyone have any luck with these bulbs second set that has stopped working after several months started flickering and setting off codes. Wish we could get list from our members of bulbs that work in any applications on our Renegades without problems long term.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine have been in for 3 months and have been flickering quite badly. Mine are JDMTOY. Error message today CHECK DRL - CHECK PARKING LIGHTS came on the dash quite regularly. Took them out today and replaced with original bulbs. Based on your experience I will not bother trying again.

Since inserting original bulbs I now have an issue. When the headlights are on one of the fog lights come on and will not go out unless i turn off the headlights. Not sure how to resolve this unless i go visit the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought these and threw them away. The color is pretty ricey looking. Ive been using resistors and bulbs from super bright and have had no issues or errors for over a year with DRLs, fog lights, or license plate lights

·
Registered
11 Posts
The DRL is an 1157, is it not? How do you use a resistor with that bulb?

Thanks!
I forget what bulb it is but you just splice it into the wiring. And actually I didnt use resistors for the DRL. I put them on the turn signal wiring to prevent the fast turn signal indicator and the DRLs just worked. Im not sure if its because of the bulbs I bought but I know they are not CANBUS ones or if the wiring is integrated some how.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.