Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My husband bought me my Jeep Renegade this past week. It's a 2015 Latitude 6 speed manual in Omaha Orange. I love it!! It drives really well. We put 350+ miles on it just this weekend and only put gas in it once. I'm averaging 26+ mpg combined. He also owns a 2016 Dodge Ram hemi. When he filled up my tank for $18, he laughed and laughed.

I do have a question regarding the fog lamps. If the headlights are on, the fog lamp will turn on in the direction you either turn the steering wheel or the side the turn signal is blinking. For example, turning right, the right fog lamp comes on. Turn signal left, the left fog lamp comes on. It looks like there is a short, or I'm flashing my lights. Is this normal?? We saw it before when the salesman brought the car around and thought it was a short in the system. We made them check it all prior to purchase and then I saw it again today when I got to work at 5:40 a.m.

Thanks! Other than that, it's a really great car. Just some very strange fog lamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yeah, the fog lights. Glad you found the answer. It certainly will be a big help if you are going off road in the dark, but I am still undecided if it helps me on the road.

And welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Jeep.

·
Registered
236 Posts
We need more pics like this.
Small people standing beside Jeep. :).
I haven't got mine yet and its hard to get sense of size in youtube videos.
You make make it it look massive! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, every one. Pretty sure I'm not going off road in my Reny. I saved an additional $2000 by not going 4x4 and I got a Latitude instead of the sport. I am spoiled with the Sirius radio.

I love this little thing! It is such a fun car to drive. We were going for fun and gas mileage and it's perfect for me. When my husband isn't driving his work truck, he has a 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 with a hemi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love it!

We need more pics like this.
Small people standing beside Jeep. :).
I haven't got mine yet and its hard to get sense of size in youtube videos.
You make make it it look massive! :)

LOL! I'm 5'2". I went to Sam's the other day and had the whole trunk loaded down. 44 lb bag of dog food, box of freezer foods, 30 count box of chips. I was going to take a pic. The Reny is very roomy. My husband is 6'3" and he drives it just fine. We traded a 1994 Saturn for my Reny and that car was tiny.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I live in the country where there are no streetlamps. I love the cornering lights for that reason.

As to size, the Renegade is the biggest little Jeep you'll ever own. There is lots of front seat room and with the back seats folded down you can pack it full of groceries or camping gear.

Best mileage 28, worst 23, over 6300 miles.

Pet peeve - people who drive with the fog lights constantly on..... please use them the way they were intended :)

Welcome!
Tim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations and good job on getting the correct transmission! I've not seen any Renegade owners around here, aside from myself, with a manual. If I wasn't so anxious to get a Latitude + Cold Weather + 4x4 + Manual Renegade in any color, I would definitely have went with the orange, sand, or sage green. Congrats and again, welcome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.