Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just before I got off work last night the local dealership calls to let me know they just had an Omaha Orange TR arrive. I said "im on my way" before he could finish. haha It didn't have the exact options i was originally looking for, but he worked with me on the price. No MySky, Booooo. But keyless start/entry, power seat, middle armrest in the back and 9 speaker audio. I'm quite happy. :)

Better pics coming. This was a quick, "omg there's a new car in my garage!" snapshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm considering the 9 speaker audio, could you please take a photo of the tweeters in the rear doors? I've not yet seen what they look like...
Congrats Thorpeland!!! So exciting to see people that have been on the forum finally getting their Rennies!!

I have the 9 speaker & have to agree with many others on the forum, that the audio system is disappointing. Let me just say, that I am Not a big audio/tech/tune everything with my ears type of person. I do notice a big difference between the Rene audio & the one that is in my Escape... which I feel sounds much better & my Escape is a 2001 with upgraded audio. It does make me wonder if I would notice a difference with/without the 9 speaker....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats Thorpeland!!! So exciting to see people that have been on the forum finally getting their Rennies!!

I have the 9 speaker & have to agree with many others on the forum, that the audio system is disappointing. Let me just say, that I am Not a big audio/tech/tune everything with my ears type of person. I do notice a big difference between the Rene audio & the one that is in my Escape... which I feel sounds much better & my Escape is a 2001 with upgraded audio. It does make me wonder if I would notice a difference with/without the 9 speaker....
I have noticed a difference in audio quality depending on the source. I was playing some mp3's from my phone through BT and some of them sounded a little 'hollow'. While songs from the satellite radio sounded much better. I have not adjusted any of the audio settings yet. So i'll see if it can improve. Im not sure how this system compares to the stock 6 speaker setup. I didn't really give that a good test during my test drives. I don't think the 9 speaker upgrade is "bad". It's just not as rich and solid sounding as i expected.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just before I got off work last night the local dealership calls to let me know they just had an Omaha Orange TR arrive. I said "im on my way" before he could finish. haha It didn't have the exact options i was originally looking for, but he worked with me on the price. No MySky, Booooo. But keyless start/entry, power seat, middle armrest in the back and 9 speaker audio. I'm quite happy. :)

Better pics coming. This was a quick, "omg there's a new car in my garage!" snapshot.
Congrats! You're going to love it.

My one regret is that I wasn't able to get the 9 speaker system--the dealership didn't have any on the lot, and I didn't want to wait on an order. I think you'll be glad you waited--from what I've heard, the 9 speaker system is a big step up in sound quality.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have noticed a difference in audio quality depending on the source. I was playing some mp3's from my phone through BT and some of them sounded a little 'hollow'. While songs from the satellite radio sounded much better. I have not adjusted any of the audio settings yet. So i'll see if it can improve. Im not sure how this system compares to the stock 6 speaker setup. I didn't really give that a good test during my test drives. I don't think the 9 speaker upgrade is "bad". It's just not as rich and solid sounding as i expected.
If you can use USB as a source it will sound significantly better than BT. I have actually go into the settings for the phone in the radio and disconnect the music but leave the hands free so that I can take calls as needed but use the USB on the phone to stream since the sound is better + you get album art.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can use USB as a source it will sound significantly better than BT. I have actually go into the settings for the phone in the radio and disconnect the music but leave the hands free so that I can take calls as needed but use the USB on the phone to stream since the sound is better + you get album art.
Ah great to know this. Thanks! I'll give it a try very soon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats on getting it!

Have you already started to think about what modifications and accessories you want to do?
No, im still trying to wrap my head around all the options and getting the U-Connect setup! LOL This thing feels like a spaceship inside compared to my previous car from 2005.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Fabulous! Congrats! Looks Great!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.