Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
Has anyone found in channel style window air deflectors? All the ones I seem to find stick on the outside.

It was mentioned at the start of the thread. Madness autoworks has them.

https://madnessautoworks.com/Jeep%20Renegade/start-shopping-cid1/exterior-upgrades-cid5/jeep-renegade-side-window-air-deflectors-by-farad-complete-front-rear-set-4-piece-pid3281

· Registered
60 Posts
I didn't search before posting. The mod put my new post here.

Looked at Madness's, not crazy about how it comes down the front of the window. I'd like to find some that just cover the top. Silica to how Madness's rears are.

· Registered
783 Posts
Thanks, dgr401! In the long run and ownership of the vehicle, would stick-ons be less desirable? I would surmise in-channel deflectors would be the best option since they could be removed with no glue residue from the stick-ons at turn-in/trade in case the potential buyer dislikes them?

Follow natural element stress over time (sun, wind, car washes, etc.), it would seem the glue goes to goo and no do. Thoughts, anybody else?

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Thanks, dgr401! In the long run and ownership of the vehicle, would stick-ons be less desirable? I would surmise in-channel deflectors would be the best option since they could be removed with no glue residue from the stick-ons at turn-in/trade in case the potential buyer dislikes them?

Follow natural element stress over time (sun, wind, car washes, etc.), it would seem the glue goes to goo and no do. Thoughts, anybody else?
I would think the in channel deflectors would be better for the reasons you mentiond plus one more, it is my understanding that the surface on the vehicle should be roughed up for better adhesion. I remember seeing an install video of stick on deflectors where the installer used sandpaper on the rubber part of the window frame where the deflector was to be mounted.

· Registered
607 Posts
What are wind deflectors actually for? Is it really just so that you can crack your windows an inch while its raining, or keep them cracked open an inch at all times just for ventilation?

· Registered
1,581 Posts
dgr401, do you think these in-channel deflectors have any significant effect of minimizing high wind noise before and after installation? For clarity for your response, this is with the windows fully closed and deflectors installed.
I don't know what they would do regarding noise. I have had pick-up trucks with them and didn't notice any difference with them. One of the complaints of the Renegade is wind noise so I cannot say one way or the other. Maybe someone that has them installed could chime in. Personally I am leaning toward the stick-on as I don't like the ones that go down the A pillar. I hope to decide shortly, I have been putting it off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.