Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Are there anyways to do this? I looked into a K&N cold air intake but from what I read it only adds 2-3 more horsepower. Annndddd I am not about to drop $300-$500 bucks for that. Any suggestions?
Im sure you can, but honestly dude, it's a renegade. This isn't the car for those who want a lot of power and/or speed. There are other Jeeps for that.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
I'm afraid there isn't much you can do without spending some cash. The air intake might give you two or three HP at maximum rpm, but won't help at all during normal driving. And you will likely hear more air intake noise.

The only way to make more power is to get more air & fuel into the engine efficiently. Things that come to mind are cam(s), head work, and fuel management. None of that comes cheap.

For those who have the 1.4L turbo engine, a little more power can be had for less money that it will take for the 2.4L engine to get more power. You may risk shortening the life of the turbo and other components.

I'd like more power too, but the 2.4L is just enough to move my Trailhawk adequately. I'm not modifying mine in any way. I do have another car that came with nearly 500 hp (all stock). If I want to drive a powerful car, I just drive that. :D

Reactions: lamont

· Registered
184 Posts
If you want to reduce the lag between stepping on the accelerator and acceleration, without mashing the gas pedal, check out the GOPedal from Madness. It doesn't increase h.p. or torque; it just eliminates the lag. It does assist with merging and passing.

The downside for me is, my gf likes a gradual acceleration, and I don't. So, when she's in the car I have to take the setting down a little.

· Registered
44 Posts
I have the 1.4L Turbo with the 6 Speed Manual. I bought the K&N filter for it from Amazon for about $40. I have used the K&N filters in every car I have owned for a long time now.

I notice a little bit more pep but not significant. With the manual and the turbo it isn't bad to begin with.

Blzer514

· Registered
106 Posts
Look into what madness has to offer. If you don't have a turbo, you might have to wait a little longer for better options.

· Registered
1 Posts
Are there anyways to do this? I looked into a K&N cold air intake but from what I read it only adds 2-3 more horsepower. Annndddd I am not about to drop $300-$500 bucks for that. Any suggestions?
Its not necessary but the best option would to start with the 4x4 base model, by giving it a TRUE dual exhaust system, simple upgrades like intake, converting certain mechanical parts to electrical such as the fuel pump and cooling system, if you're serious, you can take alot out of the rear end for alittle weight reduction and they have "affordable" turbo kits&ECU and ETC.. but the only thing is (from my understanding) the Italian stallion jeep has alot of super specific electrical parts and systems that would be a Hassel to reprogram but not impossible, basically would probably cost a ton of money but might pay for itself in certain ways if done right.

-wow bro.

· Registered
692 Posts
go to maddness autoworks and look at their go pedal and other chips. more hp, torque and ends throttle lag.
cold air intakes suck in engine heat, the heat shield is a joke. change to a K&N air filter. your stock airbox sucks in cold air and the filter lets the engine breath a lot easier

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.