Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks like it could be interesting, and fun, for those with the 2.4 engine. I'm wondering if you can use it in either the automatic shift mode, or shifting it manually? Would the benefit be the same in the auto or manual mode for 9 speed transmission? Would there be more of a chance with over revving the engine vs operating without it? This seems, at least to me, an easier/less expensive way to increase performance. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger, and answer most of my questions.

https://madnessautoworks.com/Jeep R...cid3/jeep-renegade-24l-madness-gopedal-pid608

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seems to be like most programmable computers, but it's adjustable on the fly? Kinda cool.... Kinda not. I don't like the idea of something that stays connected to ur sensor port.

I am used to a system that reflashs the ecu then saves ur base load to reload when necessary, like the flashpaq for wrangler or Cobb computer for Subaru. No continuous plug in needed. I am imagining cords dangling close to ur control of the stop and go pedals...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish they had installation instructions to look at before purchasing. I don't mind it being plugged in, as long as it's easily removal in case servicing at the dealer is needed. I also don't want wires dangling; but, hopefully a neat installation will take care of that.

Aren't systems that reflash the ecu for turbo engines only?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wish they had installation instructions to look at before purchasing. I don't mind it being plugged in, as long as it's easily removal in case servicing at the dealer is needed. I also don't want wires dangling; but, hopefully a neat installation will take care of that.

No any vehicle that gets a ecu flash can be natural aspirated, supercharged, or turbocharged.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Here's a dude on Youtube showing installation on a Fiat 500:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXkvGVaE7GQ

You can remove it and reinstall it at will.

·
Registered
430 Posts
This looks like it could be interesting, and fun, for those with the 2.4 engine. I'm wondering if you can use it in either the automatic shift mode, or shifting it manually? Would the benefit be the same in the auto or manual mode for 9 speed transmission? Would there be more of a chance with over revving the engine vs operating without it? This seems, at least to me, an easier/less expensive way to increase performance. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger, and answer most of my questions.

https://madnessautoworks.com/Jeep R...cid3/jeep-renegade-24l-madness-gopedal-pid608
Okay, all this do dad does is change the gain on the throttle pedal sensor. It plugs inline and adjusts the output signal such that the throttle is more responsive, i.e. the throttle blade opens more/quicker per given throttle input. It does not make the vehicle faster. Has no affect on transmission operation or transmission shift points or anything with the transmission period. It has no affect on the rev limiter of the engine. It plugs inline with the throttle pedal electrical connector, not the ALDL connector.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, all this do dad does is change the gain on the throttle pedal sensor. It plugs inline and adjusts the output signal such that the throttle is more responsive, i.e. the throttle blade opens more/quicker per given throttle input. It does not make the vehicle faster. Has no affect on transmission operation or transmission shift points or anything with the transmission period. It has no affect on the rev limiter of the engine. It plugs inline with the throttle pedal electrical connector, not the ALDL connector.
When you say it doesn't make the vehicle faster, does that mean the 0-60 times will not get any quicker, for example? Or, are you saying, if the vehicle's top end is 125 mph, that will remain the same?

·
Registered
105 Posts
When you say it doesn't make the vehicle faster, does that mean the 0-60 times will not get any quicker, for example? Or, are you saying, if the vehicle's top end is 125 mph, that will remain the same?
Don't forget to order a bag of Pixie Dust with GoPedal box if you want your Renegade half 0-60 time and/or double max MPH. >:D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I agree with the above. If I want more throttle response, I simply step on the pedal a little harder and more quickly. Easy enough. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts

1) No. They aren't just for turbos. Turbo charged engines however usually have boost managed by the ECU, and thus changes to the boost controlling portion of the code, and the fuel maps can yield significant increases in power. Most ECU modifications for NA engines produce middling to poor results.

2) This isn't an ecu flash. It's simply a module that is effectively spliced between the pedal and the throttle body to alter the signal sent. The ECU maps % pedal position to different % throttle values depending on mode the vehicle is in. This does the same thing while being a piggy back module to give the car a different throttle repsonse vs. pedal position curve. It doesn't actually increase performance, just change the feel of things. Normally, I would consider this a lame and worthless modification, but the engineers have made that curve kind of odd from the factory, so it may be pretty pleasing to some people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought the Pedal Commander through Amazon. Got a $200.00 Amazon gift card for Christmas and went for it. It definitely changes the pedal ratio. It has 3 main settings and then 3+ and 3- of each setting. That part is really overkill. I was really interested if it would lessen the lag in pedal response when accelerating from a stop or when trying to pass. It definitely removes the lag. I have tried all of the settings. The most aggressive setting is to touchy. Middle setting is fun, you will see a drop in gas mileage. I keep it in the lowest setting +1. Once you get use to it it's like a different car. To lag delay and very responsive for passing. There is no way your foot can reproduce the effect of this device no matter how much you press the pedal. I'm not sorry I bought it, especially since you can use you Amazon gift cards and discounts.

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
I agree with the above. If I want more throttle response, I simply step on the pedal a little harder and more quickly. Easy enough. :)
After playing with my data logging OBDII tool, I have to say that an in line module can probably do things to the throttle position curve you can't achieve with your foot. There's huge dead/minimally responsive zone in the middle in most modes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After playing with my data logging OBDII tool, I have to say that an in line module can probably do things to the throttle position curve you can't achieve with your foot. There's huge dead/minimally responsive zone in the middle in most modes.

I actually did call MADNESS, and they backed up what you said. They also backed up what others have said, at least all the serious comments; the pixie dust, not so much. I'm still leaning toward getting it, and will make my mind up by tomorrow. I like the idea of calling a vendor and they don't try to B.S. you.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,078 Posts
Hello everyone!

Here is what we can honestly tell you...

The debate on whether our product works or not has gone on for years. There are those that say it does nothing and those that love it. The facts are we have been offering this module (for different vehicles) for a couple of years now. The current version is our latest and has some newer features and updated mapping, but all of them work (in case you purchased a second hand one that is older) as described.

Rather then debate online we simply say the following:

Try it and find out for yourself. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Use it for up to 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied, take it out and return it. All you are out is shipping costs which are minimal. The install is simple and you will instantly feel the difference. We have it on our own Renegade and would never drive without it. We have also installed it on the 1.4 and the 2.4 models here at our shop and so far everyone has been very pleased.

Are there some folks that return it? Yes, but the majority love it and keep it. Our return rate is less then 2%!

Most things you buy to modify a vehicle you cannot return. This item however you can and we encourage everyone to try it out. You have nothing to loose since we offer a money back guarantee. Over the years we have had some folks that were big critics online and would say things like: snake oil, push the pedal down more, it does not work and etc...

Most that have said those things have never tried it on their own vehicle with an open mind. Those that do are typically surprised. Many of them have kept it and have taken the time to post their review for the product online after spending months and at times years bashing it.

It is not for everyone and some may not like it, but with a 5 minute install and a money back guarantee you owe it to yourself to at least try if you have any curiosity at all. If it did not work we would not offer the 30 day guarantee.

As far as install videos go. We are making many more and will be releasing a how to install the GOPedal in the next week or so. It is simple and we can easily instruct you over the phone. We also have instructions posted online at www.MADNESSGOPedal.com.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.