Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought those inserts to change out the colour on the front grill? I think they stick on. I was thinking of buying them and wanted to hear anyone’s opinion of them . Do you think they are good product , do they stick well , would they last thur carwashes , ect.

·
Registered
248 Posts
As long as you clean the surface with rubbing alcohol and apply them on in a warm climate they should stick very well. I have the angry eyes stick on headlight rings are that holding up well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put on the black grill inserts today. I wanted to make attention that the grill Inserts are numbered. I didn’t notice this before. 3 of my grill are in the right order. I think the grill should be put on going right to left. Even though it look good I think one day I’m going to arrange them in the right order.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have no experience to backup my thoughts as I don't have any "stuck on parts" but here goes.

The rotating brushes on any car wash are extremely powerful as they turn. Though they look nice and soft when the machine is stopped they turn into a whirlwind of spinning nylon whips when rotating at working speed. The thrashing motion of the brushes can easily cause anything that is loosely stuck on with poorly bonded adhesive to fall off the vehicle.

It ripped a CB aerial that was securely mounted clean off an old car of mine but that's a story of stupidity on my part.

If it was me that was modifying my Jeep I would personally stick to a hand wash or a Jet wash with a lot of care being paid to the "stuck on" parts. At least that way you can reasonably expect the adhesive to remain stuck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had wash and I been thru the car wash several times. No problem with coming off yet. Stuck on by 3M tape.

I have no experience to backup my thoughts as I don't have any "stuck on parts" but here goes.

The rotating brushes on any car wash are extremely powerful as they turn. Though they look nice and soft when the machine is stopped they turn into a whirlwind of spinning nylon whips when rotating at working speed. The thrashing motion of the brushes can easily cause anything that is loosely stuck on with poorly bonded adhesive to fall off the vehicle.

It ripped a CB aerial that was securely mounted clean off an old car of mine but that's a story of stupidity on my part.

If it was me that was modifying my Jeep I would personally stick to a hand wash or a Jet wash with a lot of care being paid to the "stuck on" parts. At least that way you can reasonably expect the adhesive to remain stuck.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Here is a little nugget of info when using 3M tape.

Gently heat it with perhaps a "cigarette lighter" or similar flame, momentarily, thereafter it sticks like sh1t (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cleaned everything b/4 install & mine started to come off after about 3 months in the hot sun. So I used a little bit of silicon glue. Works great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
All sorted , found which way they fitted , took to tape off that they came with and fitted my own , cleaned down with alc wipes then heated the area up with a heat gun , they stuck down and there rock solid

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put these on my Renegade first month of owning it around May 2018. Now 2 years later they haven't come off once. Been through many car washes.

Plasti-dipped my wheels and car logos too and they are also holding strong. Have had to touch up the wheels only once in 2 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts