Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see it looks like I’m running on four spares now. Am wanting to get some 18” rims and was also wondering what’s the biggest tires I can run on 18” rims. What sizes rims etc that some of you run and pics if you gotem my tires need to at least be flush or a little “bowleg”with my fender wells and they are not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dont know why this says red in title. My screen is cracked so just ignore it. I meant to write the word AND

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
718 Posts
As you can see it looks like I’m running on four spares now. Am wanting to get some 18” rims and was also wondering what’s the biggest tires I can run on 18” rims. What sizes rims etc that some of you run and pics if you gotem my tires need to at least be flush or a little “bowleg”with my fender wells and they are not.
View attachment 2396350206
You’re right...they do look like spares. If you don’t mind doing some measuring and calculating here’s a good calculator that will be useful to you now and in the future...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You’re right...they do look like spares. If you don’t mind doing some measuring and calculating here’s a good calculator that will be useful to you now and in the future...

Thanks for the info. I’ve used that site before. Just wanting to know what people with lifts are putting on their renegades. I would like to ride higher than the factory dimensions. I have an idea of the size that will fit just would like to see others.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have 18" rims and 1.5 spacers.
I hate having this size rims because there are only a few AT tire options, that and if I had 16" rims, not only are my tire options greater, the tires themselves would be fatter and more agressive looking.
If you have 17", I strongly suggest you do not go up to 18"
The two inch lift was a big leap uf you didn't already have new tires in mind.
I have 225/55/r18, with that lift you could probably go up to 65-70, then you might have to cut out some wheel well trim as I've read others have done.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
434 Posts
Just began my 2in rough country lift project.. spent two hours trying to disconnect the battery.. finally did it at 11:30 at night. Plan to use the same 18in stock rims I got. Just a little beefier tire and I should be fine to go.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
718 Posts
Just began my 2in rough country lift project.. spent two hours trying to disconnect the battery.. finally did it at 11:30 at night. Plan to use the same 18in stock rims I got. Just a little beefier tire and I should be fine to go.
Crazy things happen so late at night in the garage...went to loosen my oil drain plug one night and I loosened a bolt on the bell housing. I thought...”huh...where’s all the oil.”😂.

Went to do some wiring in the garage late at night once and cut a wire. POW! Yup...should’ve turned the breaker off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crazy things happen so late at night in the garage...went to loosen my oil drain plug one night and I loosened a bolt on the bell housing. I thought...”huh...where’s all the oil.”😂.

Went to do some wiring in the garage late at night once and cut a wire. POW! Yup...should’ve turned the breaker off.
Yea I didn’t even fool with the battery. Left it alone. The kit took me and my friend about 4.5 hours no neither of us has put on a lift before. Love the lift. Rides as smooth and straight as before also. You’ll like it. There is play with all the lines so we didn’t remove any of them just placed the spacer right above them

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
434 Posts
Yea I didn’t even fool with the battery. Left it alone. The kit took me and my friend about 4.5 hours no neither of us has put on a lift before. Love the lift. Rides as smooth and straight as before also. You’ll like it. There is play with all the lines so we didn’t remove any of them just placed the spacer right above them
Dagnabbit. Wish I knew that about the battery before I used every tool in the box for hours on end yesterday. At least it’s finally off after 6 years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dagnabbit. Wish I knew that about the battery before I used every tool in the box for hours on end yesterday. At least it’s finally off after 6 years.
Damn I haven’t even looked at the battery. I
79BFCB79-CF30-4673-8BBB-6E37589EDBB5.jpeg
guess I probably need to. All the tools were my froends. I don’t have crap in my toolbox if it’s that hard. I’m gonna keep wiring around for someone with an 18” setupbefote I buy some wheels and tires. Was gonna put my Cherokee wheelson it but believe it or not they aren’t the same bolt pattern. Thought they were. They would look good on the renegade. I don’t want 17”. Everybody’s got them and I have found a bunch of AT tires for 18” rims. Just not sure the tire size. 245/75/r17 is my Cherokee

·
Registered
2017 jeep renegade
18 Posts
I just put the same lift on my 16 latitude I'm runing trail blades 235/65/17
I'm running trail blades 235/65/17
Damn I haven’t even looked at the battery. I View attachment 2396350230 View attachment 2396350230 guess I probably need to. All the tools were my froends. I don’t have crap in my toolbox if it’s that hard. I’m gonna keep wiring around for someone with an 18” setupbefote I buy some wheels and tires. Was gonna put my Cherokee wheelson it but believe it or not they aren’t the same bolt pattern. Thought they were. They would look good on the renegade. I don’t want 17”. Everybody’s got them and I have found a bunch of AT tires for 18” rims. Just not sure the tire size. 245/75/r17 is my Cherokee

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts