Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a follow up to a previous post about my radiator getting holed. I was pretty upset that my trailhawk - while having skid plates all along the underside - could be disabled on the freeway by a rock getting kicked up into the radiator…. Anyway, I began looking around for something to protect the radiator & really liked the bumper kit & front-end skid plate from Rocky Road Outfitters. In fact, I decided to go all in & get the winch mount kit. Here are the results:
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle

Installation was pretty easy. Just unbolt the recovery hooks (just the front bolts, no need to remove the bumper), slightly widen the plastic recovery hook openings in the bumper to accommodate the bumper bars (I used a Dremel tool for this), slide in the mount plates for the bar on top of the hooks & bolt it all back together. Although the end result looks a little saggy in the side shot photo, that seems to be the way they designed it…. The kit is very solid, I could probably lift the front end of the Jeep off the ground with it. Right after I took these pictures, I tensioned the winch by pulling on an 800 - 1000 lb log. No problems. I’ve put a few hundred miles on already & everything is working great!

·
Super Moderator
4,766 Posts
Looks great! What size is the winch? ours is 9.5K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts