Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plasti dipped my front and rear badges and my corner running lights today. Used a translucent smoke color.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a video of how it sounds which one u think is louder forge or the other brand madness sells
I'll try to do a video asap. It's loud enough to hear inside with Windows up and radio on up to like 12 volume or so. Very distinct pshhhh. I only wish it had a little bit of a whistle to it. Like my supra on need for speed underground 2 back in the day haha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You spray the badges and the area around it and after you get a good amount of coats on there and dry. I did like 9 coats but that is probably slight overkill. You peel away the area you intentionally over sprayed around your emblems and as its peeling away it automatically cuts itself around the letters and logos. It's quite neat. There are some videos on dip your car. Com

·
Registered
607 Posts
Does it just make noises or does it have another purpose?

The Forge Blow-off plate lets you hear the sound of the excess pressure that is released when you back off the throttle after building boost, so yes all that does is make noises...but the DV+ valve holds the boost in tight, as the stock valve is made of plastic and leaks a little according to the 1.4L fiat and Dodge dart people. The DV+ holds the boost in there tight - without leaks, so you get a better buildup of pressure and therefore - power.

Reactions: syzygy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The Forge Blow-off plate lets you hear the sound of the excess pressure that is released when you back off the throttle after building boost, so yes all that does is make noises...but the DV+ valve holds the boost in tight, as the stock valve is made of plastic and leaks a little according to the 1.4L fiat and Dodge dart people. The DV+ holds the boost in there tight - without leaks, so you get a better buildup of pressure and therefore - power.
So more power?

·
Registered
607 Posts
So more power?
Yes in a sense, but really it's just there to ensure that you don't lose power that the engine is already making.

(All you are doing with the DV+ valve is making the engine more efficient at holding boost, but holding more boost means you are holding power, so since you would be losing boost and therefore losing power with the stock plastic valve, the DV+ metal valve makes sure that none of the power that the engine is already making is being lost due to leaking boost.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dv+ can be used as a more effective and longer lasting replacement for the stock dv which is opened and closed by the ecu communicating with the solenoid. It has two states. Open or closed. Or you can install the extra spring that comes with the dv+ which allows it to close after sufficient boost pressure has been bled off even if the ecu may still hold it open. In a situation where you may stay off the throttle for a few seconds for instance. Leaving some pressure in the pipes is supposed to improve throttle response. I definitely think it was a worthwhile investment considering the cost of one is only 140 bucks and it can be installed in minutes right in your garage, driveway or parking lot. And now I'll probably never have to worry about that dinky plastic plunger cracking or warping and blowing all my precious boost out. It gets pretty cold here in the winters. - 30f is not all that uncommon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup stock dvs on tuned turbo cars are prone to fail.. Its all about holding the boost pressure. Stock diverter valves usually don't hold much more than factory boost pressure, at least for extended periods of time.

If you aren't going to tune(chip) the 1.4t its probably an unnecessary mod. But if you do plan on it, Forge DVs are some of the best out there and will easily work upwards of 30psi. And are rebuild-able, unlike the stocker.

I've always used forge valves on my modified Audis, from lightly modded 1.8ts to a 500hp 2.7t.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The dv+ can be used as a more effective and longer lasting replacement for the stock dv which is opened and closed by the ecu communicating with the solenoid. It has two states. Open or closed. Or you can install the extra spring that comes with the dv+ which allows it to close after sufficient boost pressure has been bled off even if the ecu may still hold it open. In a situation where you may stay off the throttle for a few seconds for instance. Leaving some pressure in the pipes is supposed to improve throttle response. I definitely think it was a worthwhile investment considering the cost of one is only 140 bucks and it can be installed in minutes right in your garage, driveway or parking lot. And now I'll probably never have to worry about that dinky plastic plunger cracking or warping and blowing all my precious boost out. It gets pretty cold here in the winters. - 30f is not all that uncommon.
So did you install the extra spring that came with your dv+ ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.