Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not rice unless you have an obnoxious far can exhaust that makes your Renegade go nowhere faster.

Yellow is the best color for fog lights as light towards the white hue will reflect more off of fog and reduce your visibility (because of increased glare to your eyes). The human eye is more sensitive to the yellow spectrum. Yellow fogs help you see better.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Not rice unless you have an obnoxious far can exhaust that makes your Renegade go nowhere faster.

Yellow is the best color for fog lights as light towards the white hue will reflect more off of fog and reduce your visibility (because of increased glare to your eyes). The human eye is more sensitive to the yellow spectrum. Yellow fogs help you see better.
I agree, I wouldn't consider yellow fog lights to be part of the typical race inspired cosmetic enhancement category.

TS

·
Registered
607 Posts
I had some yellow h11 at home from a previous car so I decide to put them on the Jeep what yall think
I love it, not rice at all, as fog lights are supposed to be yellow anyways. Yellow light cuts through rain, mist and fog better than any other color of light, you will be able to see farther through bad weather with those. Are they LED or regular bulbs?

I will be doing the exact same thing to my renegade, as this is the way fog lights are supposed to be.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That is certainly distasteful.
Does it come from race?
No, it comes from the food rice, since this tacky trend started with small 4 cylinder Japanese cars, and "rice burner" and "ricer" started getting thrown around, as "ricers" are normally not fast at all since all of the financial effort is spent on the way the car looks, the interior and the sound system with very little effort going towards improving power.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
No, it comes from the food rice, since this tacky trend started with small 4 cylinder Japanese cars, and "rice burner" and "ricer" started getting thrown around, as "ricers" are normally not fast at all since all of the financial effort is spent on the way the car looks, the interior and the sound system with very little effort going towards improving power.

Is that really true?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think it looks good, but not something I would do since while they look cool when lit... when off, it just doesn't look right to me.

However... a projector retrofit would be awesome... of course that will require far more than what you did here.

At the end of the day its up to you, if you like it, that's ALL that matters.

·
Registered
607 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.