Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm totally new to this forum, I have just registered. I introduce myself, I'm from Rome, Italy and I am a happy owner of a Renegade Limited DDCT 1.6 120HP year 2018.
Over here we have a Jeep Renegade forum too and we discuss on everything regarding our fab cars just like you do guys in the US. Tonite as I was browsing our Italian forum and I ran into an older 2017 thread of someone claiming that was able to install the Active Park Assist without having the optional pack, simply by opening the central console and add a button. So I decided to search the web elsewhere around the world and meet Renegade owners other then just in Italy to find out more, and I ran into your forum.
So, apparently over here all Renegades MY 2017 and earlier which have 12 parking sensors, but not the Automatic Park Assist, could add this great feature at basically no cost and in only a few minutes.
I was wondering if anyone knew about this in the US.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm from France and I just discovered this feature thanks to a friend! By cons I did not find to replace the cache by a button! Do you find where to buy a button ?? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,353 Posts
You would have to have the sensors in the bumpers to even stand a chance of this being true.

Given the toruble people have had just trying to add fog lights or a head unit with navigation, I'm going to suggest that the answer is no and that poster was making stuff up.

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Is this a Poisson d'Avril!? LOL.

I'd like front parking assist on my Renegade, but seeing as those sensors aren't there ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
As this post mentioned, Can Bus systems will need to be updated to add anything additional related to electronic items, even if you have all the pieces in place, a trip to the dealer ship for a ecu flash is most likely required. However I believe Park assistant you seek is the automatic hand brake engagement and disagreement not the parking assistance that uses sonar sensors in the bumpers, regardless the above statement applies.

You would have to have the sensors in the bumpers to even stand a chance of this being true.

Given the toruble people have had just trying to add fog lights or a head unit with navigation, I'm going to suggest that the answer is no and that poster was making stuff up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts