Jeep Renegade Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So I got the grey cable and I enabled led headlights in alfaodb and then did a proxy alignment. This fixed the brights not activating when I pushed the lever forward to activate the brights. However since my halo lights do not have wires to them I will need to wire those. I have two dash warnings. They are Daytime Running Light out and Parking Light out.

Here I activate the brights
Speedometer Car Trip computer Odometer Motor vehicle

And you will see the beam is no longer just the top half it is the bottom and the top like expected. Before I programmed it, it was just half of the headlight when you activated the brights.

Window Plant Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
So glad to hear your high beams are working properly now.

I don't know what they consider Parking Lights so will have to research it.
Here's what comes on with my 2021 Trailhawk with factory LED headlights, with the light switch in the Parking Light position. So halos and side markers.
Tire Vehicle Grille Car Automotive tire

And the taillights, of course.

DRLs are just the halos; nothing else.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So glad to hear your high beams are working properly now.

Here's what comes on with my 2021 Trailhawk with factory LED headlights, with the light switch in the Parking Light position. So halos and side markers.
View attachment 2396354834

And the taillights, of course.

DRLs are just the halos; nothing else.
Ok so if I fix the halos that should fix both warning I would think. I'm going to order the headlight repair kit for each headlight. Little pricey but I think I will have to order them to get the extra pins

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So I received 2 headlight wiring repair kits I ordered. Anyone know where I would hook up the wiring for the halo lights. Looks like I need to hook up 4 more wires on each headlight. The oem halogens had 3 wires and the LEDs take 7.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Can't help you much... But where did you get these kits from?

Because I see two interesting terminals there -- Headlamp Level Sensor Signal, and Headlamp Level Motor Signal.

The U.S.-spec OEM LED headlights I've got don't have any leveling system. I suspect that may be because the wattage of the U.S. LED lights is lower than what would require leveling.

As you may know, European HID (and, I assume) LED headlights require auto leveling systems, at least for headlights higher than a certain wattage. That's why I suspect you may have gotten these from Europe...?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Can't help you much... But where did you get these kits from?

Because I see two interesting terminals there -- Headlamp Level Sensor Signal, and Headlamp Level Motor Signal.

The U.S.-spec OEM LED headlights I've got don't have any leveling system. I suspect that may be because the wattage of the U.S. LED lights is lower than what would require leveling.

As you may know, European HID (and, I assume) LED headlights require auto leveling systems, at least for headlights higher than a certain wattage. That's why I suspect you may have gotten these from Europe...?
I ordered them from eBay. My led lights I bought do have 7 pins on them my halogen ones had 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
So I went and test drove a 2021 with led headlights. I took apart the headlight connector. It did have 6 wires in it and mine only has the 3. Two wires are for the drl and ground. The other wire is for led headlight fault sensors. Those wires run all through the harness so I think if I want drls I will have to replace the whole headlight harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I was able to disable the daylight running lights in alfaODB and that got rid of the daylight running light warning. I still have the parking lights out warning and trying to figure out how to disable that. If I can get that disabled I might just run a 12v acc wire to the hot side of the LED halo light and the ground wire and not worry about turning it on or off and just let them turn on with the car.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I made a harness from the original incandescent headlights and headlight repair kits I ordered. I added 2 diodes. 1 to pass the low beam over to the low beam when on low beam setting. The other to allow the high and low beam to be on when the high beams are activated but block the voltage on the low beam wire from going back to the computer when high beams are on. I shorted the ground wires together in the harness and hooked to the correct pin for ground in the original harness. I am later this week going to run the wire for the halos into the cab and put on a toggle hooked to an acc wire off of the fuse panel. This should get everything working like it is supposed to be and I have no warning lights in the instrument cluster. I included pics of the harness and the halo lights being on.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 61 Posts