Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been reading some pretty bad reviews on Electronics and Transmission issues with the Renegades, Have these been worked out in the 2016 model or is it better to wait for the 2017 model to be released in the fall?

·
Registered
106 Posts
So I have been reading some pretty bad reviews on Electronics and Transmission issues with the Renegades, Have these been worked out in the 2016 model or is it better to wait for the 2017 model to be released in the fall?
Not to be a "negative nacy", but the '17s are going to have issues as well...nothing is perfect or guaranteed (atleaset without a fight).I have a '15 w/ 6k+ miles as a daily driver and it has absolutely zero issues...I have not ran into any issues whatsoever...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just surpassed 7k in my almost 6 month new TH. No issues. Read end noise between 30-40 and my mileage is around 21.6mpg cause I drive hard ?. No issues just wish I had a trail or 3 that were easily accessible ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just surpassed 7k in my almost 6 month new TH. No issues. Read end noise between 30-40 and my mileage is around 21.6mpg cause I drive hard ?. No issues just wish I had a trail or 3 that were easily accessible ?
Every make and model has a few lemons and if you didn't buy a vehicle because of negative reviews, you would never buy any car!
But my experience, 1 week and 300 miles (still really a virgin!) :) is not issues of any kind.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I put in another post that if "owners forums existed in the 1940's we would still be riding horses". It is great that the information is out there and it is important that you do the research so there are no surprises. Out of the thousands of Renegades sold in the last two years, there is relatively a small number of people having problems. The problems that have been reported get exaggerated by those experiencing the problems and rightly so. Its also good to read dealer reviews. Some dealer service departments tend to create more problems then they fix.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I put in another post that if "owners forums existed in the 1940's we would still be riding horses". It is great that the information is out there and it is important that you do the research so there are no surprises. Out of the thousands of Renegades sold in the last two years, there is relatively a small number of people having problems. The problems that have been reported get exaggerated by those experiencing the problems and rightly so. Its also good to read dealer reviews. Some dealer service departments tend to create more problems then they fix.
I am not sure we have any empirical evidence of how many people are having issues. One of the FCA's true weaknesses are the dealer network they certainly have a few clunkers in it

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I know there have been and probably still are issues with the Renegade. This happens to most manufacturers with a new vehicle launch.

I have had my UK spec Renegade since September '15. Since then it has covered a shade over 3900 miles and all been problem free. Each time that I drive it, it puts a smile on my face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.