Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reviewing my old window sticker, i noticed that it states the engine and transmission was made in the USA. so why so many problems??

PARTS CONTENT INFORMATION
FOR VEHICLES IN THIS CARLINE:
U.S./CANADIAN PARTS CONTENT: 22%
MAJOR SOURCES OF FOREIGN PARTS
CONTENT:
ITALY: 62%
NOTE: PARTS CONTENT DOES NOT INCLUDE FINAL
ASSEMBLY, DISTRIBUTION, OR OTHER
NON-PARTS COSTS.
FOR THIS VEHICLE:
FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT:
MELFI, ITALY
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:
ENGINE: UNITED STATES
TRANSMISSION: UNITED STATES

·
Registered
340 Posts
reviewing my old window sticker, i noticed that it states the engine and transmission was made in the USA. so why so many problems??

Much of the cars guts are made here. The rene issues with drivetrain are few except for the guy with the oil using issue. Thge 2.4 is a very solid motor. There were also a couple of mentions of tranny problems with the early was it 2015's. But considering the amount of the little cars sold they are better than most

·
Registered
681 Posts
Neither Fiat or Chrysler have/had good reputations for quality and reliability, so I'd expect them to have more issues than, say, Toyota or Hyundai.

As others say, it doesn't mean every car is a disaster, just that there will be a higher proportion of problems, and it's those that spread on forums like this one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
G'day mikeindp,
It's the 2.4L PETROL TigerShark paired with the 9 Speed ZF Transaxle causing the highest number of complaints.
Lucky folk in the UK get the 2.0L Turbo DIESEL TailHawk/DesertHawk.
We DownUnder get the leftover rubbish!

No DIESEL for us?!

Our current model is my17.
(o)(o)
=(_)=

·
Registered
340 Posts
G'day mikeindp,
It's the 2.4L PETROL TigerShark paired with the 9 Speed ZF Transaxle causing the highest number of complaints.
Lucky folk in the UK get the 2.0L Turbo DIESEL TailHawk/DesertHawk.
We DownUnder get the leftover rubbish!

No DIESEL for us?!

Our current model is my17.
(o)(o)
=(_)=
Yep same for us in the USA. I also own a 2017 rene trailhawk. Wonder what makes the UK so special?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wonder what makes the UK so special?
Historically fuel in the UK (and Europe) has been much more expensive than the US. So cars and engines with better fuel economy have always been favoured. Hence smaller cars and engines and diesel being popular once it became a reasonable option for passenger cars.

Of course diesel is now a bit of a leper around town.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, in a way, that's great news, for us, we might finally get a DIESEL Renegde.

Of course diesel is now a bit of a leper around town.
Since some in the UK a totally over HISTORICAL DIESEL caused pollution.

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
Neither Fiat or Chrysler have/had good reputations for quality and reliability,

FPT engines are bombproof.
In my experience with 5 out of my last 6 cars.
And one of those was a 2.0 TwinSpark with a reputation for lunching itself if
not maintained correctly.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I finally understand your screen name ! At first I thought it was a nod to the Russian/Renault vehicle, but I finally get it !!

Daily
Acronyms

You HAVE to be prior military, as I am, because acronyms are a way of military life....:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
No, I had just had less probs with the LADA with was basically a FIAT tractor with a Renault designed body to mimic the Jeep which the Russians liked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts