Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up my 2015 renegade limited. When I open the doors, the interior lights and the glove compartment lights don't come on. The lights in the cup holders and door pockets are all on (ambient lights?). On the overhead console those switches don't work. I've checked the uconnect settings and courtesy lights are turned on. I've seen a fuse list and the same fuse does the headlight levellers which seem to be working. Is there another switch or setting somewhere? TIA

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rsanges, yes the dimmer is turned up both on the dimmer switch and the uconnect display

·
Super Moderator
1,426 Posts
Not specifically, but after 3 years previous owner could have just not bothered to change them.

Also the door switch is another possibility.
(Though the glovebox shouldn't be affected by that.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious. This morning when I opened the doors the courtesy lights came on. By the time I got to work, they weren’t working again. So it’s obviously not a setting or a fuse. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Give the switch a gentle clean with a soft cloth to remove any dirt or grit and then squirt some oil or WD40 onto the switch and press it a few times to allow the lubricant to penetrate inside the switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts