Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any pics of the renegade with the back seats folded down, nor any of the 'clever storage areas' mentioned during the Geneva reveal.

If anyone finds some please post for all to enjoy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone is lucky enuf to be going to the NY Auto show, please get some pics of the interior volume with the back seats folded forward.

Put something laying down in the pic as well, your coat, briefcase, a brochure, something that will give a scale to it.

Also look for 'clever storage spaces' like what was mentioned in the Geneva reveal.

One place in particular to check are the box like spaces above the rear wheels. That seems like way too big of a volume to leave hidden without some sort of access. Maybe those rectangular trim pieces on the vertical wall pop off, or ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
49 Posts
From what I have read, apart from the drivetrain and the design work, all is built by Fiat. Since it is based on the 500L platform and the dimensions are similar, the size and mechanics of the interior are most likely close. Fold and tumble seats, front passenger folding seat, adjustable cargo floor height, all available in the 500L and the Renegade.

·
Registered
831 Posts
If anyone is lucky enuf to be going to the NY Auto show, please get some pics of the interior volume with the back seats folded forward.

Put something laying down in the pic as well, your coat, briefcase, a brochure, something that will give a scale to it.

Also look for 'clever storage spaces' like what was mentioned in the Geneva reveal.

One place in particular to check are the box like spaces above the rear wheels. That seems like way too big of a volume to leave hidden without some sort of access. Maybe those rectangular trim pieces on the vertical wall pop off, or ?

thanks in advance
those boxes, on top at least are supposed to be used for the mysky panels, however if you look at this one picture it seems like there are doors to open into the boxes...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Is there not a cargo capacity listed with the seats down on one of the Renegade web pages?

Ah yes, here we are:

Cargo volume is 18.5 cubic feet with the rear seatback up. Fold it down to the quite low cargo floor and you get 50.8 cubic feet.
So I can't show you, but i can tell you :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think the mysky panels are stashed under the cargo floor when it is adjusted up, similar to this: http://www.autofile.ca/photo/A/3603/2014-Fiat-500L---cargo-area-floor-raised.JPG
I'm not sure about that key...

http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=0023E4903ACCBE83E9F0860395C35333?&id=15373&mid=1

the honeycomb fiberglass polyurethane roof panels are lightweight and stow neatly in the rear cargo area
I don't think theres romo under the cargo floor as the spare is under there...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think there are actually 2 floor surfaces. One you see above being lifted to show the spare, and another platform on top of that. This one can lay flat or lock into tabs a couple inches above to create a space where the roof panels could slide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts