Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I'm helping my SO shop for a Jeep Renegade. I believe she's looking for a Limited specifically.

I just ordered a car for myself last week, and was able to track down a PDF that listed the invoice pricing for the base vehicle, including every option. I've searched around these forums but have been unable to find something similar. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I've seen the invoice price of the car listed on TrueCar and places like that -- it seem very close to MSRP. I'm assuming there are other incentives as well.

Thanks for any help y'all are able to provide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go to Jeep.com and use the build and price option. To get pricing and incentives for a specific car you may need the VIN. You can go to a local dealers website and there should be a link to the Chrysler window sticker in pdf.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used the Edmunds.com web site to calculate their True Market Value, which was actually below invoice with rebates. I printed the web page, showed it to the dealer and offered this price, and to my surprise they accepted it right away.

On the web site you need to specify the exact options for your vehicle, but they also give the MSRP which you can use as a cross check. It's a little tricky until you get the hang of it, but the site is well designed.

I am sure there are similar services if you look around (I am in the USA). The way the dealer agreed so easily makes me think I might have been able to get a lower price, but I was pleased with the outcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to Jeep.com and use the build and price option. To get pricing and incentives for a specific car you may need the VIN. You can go to a local dealers website and there should be a link to the Chrysler window sticker in pdf.
Thanks, definitely good advice -- I'm familiar with those features, though :)

I'm specifically looking for something that lists the invoice pricing for all options and models. The Jeep website will list all options, but obviously at MSRP.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm specifically looking for something that lists the invoice pricing for all options and models. The Jeep website will list all options, but obviously at MSRP.
To be clear about my post above - Edmunds.com gives the MSRP, invoice price, and their TMV which is what they say you should be paying. That's why I found it such a useful resource.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be clear about my post above - Edmunds.com gives the MSRP, invoice price, and their TMV which is what they say you should be paying. That's why I found it such a useful resource.
We posted at the same time -- I didn't see your post when I made mine. Thanks :)

Edmunds is definitely handy. I was hoping to find more fidelity than that, but it's looking like that may not be possible. I tried attaching an example of what I was talking about, but PDF file size limits are really tiny on this forum. It's basically a price sheet that lists all options at invoice and MSRP (albeit for a different car). I've found this to be particularly handy when negotiating.

Having said that, it looks like you can get good prices on Renegades without trying too hard as-is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is the kind of thing I'm getting from Edmunds. What more detail are you looking for?

As an aside: I tried to reproduce the options on my own car but it turned out cheaper than a month ago when I bought it. I notice the rebate has gone from $500 to $1000 but that doesn't account for all of it. Maybe I made a mistake or prices really are going down. Oh well.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the kind of thing I'm getting from Edmunds. What more detail are you looking for?

As an aside: I tried to reproduce the options on my own car but it turned out cheaper than a month ago when I bought it. I notice the rebate has gone from $500 to $1000 but that doesn't account for all of it. Maybe I made a mistake or prices really are going down. Oh well.
This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about -- thank you! How I was unable to find that from Edmunds, I have no idea; definitely blaming it on user error.

Thanks everyone for your help! A friend of a friend works for Chrysler as well, so we're going to try to sneak in one of those 'friend-plan' discounts (I forget what they're called).

Hopefully before too long we'll get her setup in her Renegade, and I *cough* I mean WE can start modding it :-D.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about -- thank you! How I was unable to find that from Edmunds, I have no idea; definitely blaming it on user error.
The link is buried in the site among a lot of other stuff so I can understand you had trouble finding it. If anyone else can't find it let me know and I can point it out more explicitly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought her Renegade today! A black on black Latitude

2.4L
9-spd Automatic Trans
Cold Weather Package
Nav
Keyless
Remote Start
Popular Equipment Group

I don't have it in front of me, but it came out to under invoice, $26,xxx. They probably made some money on her trade-in, but we got them to come up on it at least a little.

Thanks for your help folks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought a Latitude 4x4 with the 1.4 turbo and manual 6-speed (in Mojave Sand color) last night. Base sticker was $24,290, and the dealer had a few add-ons to bring it up to $24,889. After almost two weeks of haggling back and forth, and me finally stopping by on Tuesday night to make a final offer before the month ended, they dropped the price of the Renegade $4,100 ($2600 dealer discount plus $1500 rebates). My out-the-door drive away price after TTL and fees was $22650. That is the deal I offered them about 10 days ago, but it took the end of the month (and end of quarter) to motivate them to take the offer. To make the deal even sweeter I was able to get 1.65% financing too. I'm happy with the deal, and thrilled to finally have the Renegade in my driveway!

I had been shopping Renegades for over a month, watching the advertisements and scanning the web for what I wanted. After searching within a 500 mile radius for the exact vehicle (Latitude 4x4 with manual trans) and color I wanted (either Commando or Sand) the dealer that had the best deal and one of the few dealers that even HAD the configuration I wanted was about 10 miles from my house. The next closest vehicle was about 200 miles away, but they would only discount the Renegade $300 after rebates. It took three visits to the dealership and about a dozen phone calls, but I got what I wanted at the price I wanted in the end. Now it is time to start looking for the accessories to personalize it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.