Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've read I should be able to receive notifications of incoming text messages thru the Uconnect system. Although sending and receiving voice calls is no problem, nothing happens when a text arrives.... the iPhone's own ringer doesn't even work!

Before you flame me, I don't text while driving :) if my wife is with me I give the phone to her. If I'm alone I either pull over or wait until I'm stopped somewhere. Which action I take depends a bit on who the text is from. I probably exchange text's with less than ten people total and when I receive a text it is seldom frivolous.

The Uconnect 5.0 software is up to date - the dealer checked before I picked it up last week.

I have an iPhone 6+ running IOS 9.2 --- "Show Notifications" is turned on in Bluetooth -- Any suggestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have an Android and my phone says under Paired devices; HANDS FREE LINK; UCONNECT; YOUR VEHICLE; [SAMSUNG]W_AUDIO FUNCTION. My text works fine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The U-Connect texting and other notifications don't work with i-phones. The phone call functions work well (calls, phone book, call history, voice dialing, etc), but that is all you will get with the i-phone and U-Connect. I have a i-phone 6s now and I had a 5 when I first got my Renegade, and neither one would work with all the other features of the U-Connect; only the phone calls & call related features work. I'm hoping that a future update from Apple and/or U-Connect will open up the texting and other features with an i-phone on U-Connect.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
After I updated our 5.0 uconnect to 9.0.49.0 we started receiving new text message notifications, it did not work prior to that update. We don't get many texts but it does now work, it didn't prior to the update. The read new text feature works but some of the translation can be quite funny. As far as I know the 9.0.49.0 is the latest update and I did it about 2 months ago. There is an audible sound as well as the new text notification on the screen. We have an iPhone 5C running iOS 9.2.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last update on my Uconnect 5.0 was
UCONNECT®5.0 MY16 RA2C RJ2C RG2C 10.00.27.00 BU 520

I'm not sure my dealer has anyone who can deal with them but if I get nowhere maybe I'll call them next week.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The last update on my Uconnect 5.0 was
UCONNECT®5.0 MY16 RA2C RJ2C RG2C 10.00.27.00 BU 520

I'm not sure my dealer has anyone who can deal with them but if I get nowhere maybe I'll call them next week.

I just checked the Uconnect website and there are no new updates for the MY15 BU. The current update for my VIN is still showing 9.0.49.0. The 2016 update is definitely different but probably would not work on 2015 models. Hopefully you can get it resolved.

Happy New Year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.