Jeep Renegade Forum banner

iphone app

5K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Julian Osborne 
#1 ·
help me out here, ok have borrowed the weans iPhone ,registered with uconnect,downloaded the app, connected phone and car via Bluetooth, started the app, it detects the car then error try again later, any ideas what I haven't done?, speedy answers please ,costing me a body fortune in FIFA points every time I borrow the phone

#4 ·
I'd love to know how many people have got their iPhone to connect. I'd love to move to TomTom Live services by upgrading to 15.21.37, but I only want to do it if I know that my FCW+ won't start failing all the time and that I can definitely get TT Live to work for the speed camera's. Cause the settings aren't remembered on 15.21.37...

What a mess!

I was thinking of upgrading myself before I take it to the dealer for it's 6 month check up... but I'm not so sure now. Think I might put it in the dealers hands. Why is it this hard to get something that works?!

#6 ·
You get a couple of bongs about half a mile away from the speed camera, and then a couple of bongs again when you're pretty much on top of it.

15.04.31 you just get the bongs, no visual warning (took me a LONG time to figure out what the bongs where!)

15.21.37 You get an icon on the Nav Screen with the speed limit. You always get the icon, but only get the bongs if you first turn the speed camera warnings off (even if they're on) and turn them on again, before EVERY trip.

I'm wondering whether to upgrade my UConnect to 15.21.37 now that the iOS UConnect Live app is working for some people. As you're supposed to get that information through TomTom Live services... But it still seems a bit hit and miss as to whether people can get it working...

I hear the FCW+ can fail if your windscreen has rain/dirt over the camera.

#9 ·
All

You need to read the App Store Reviews, the UConnect App doesn't work correctly with Jeep Renegade. I have iPhone 6s, IOS 9.1 and I always get the error. I have chosen a new dealer after SG Petch of York were so rubbish, and they are rolling it back from 15.21.37 to 15.04.21 to try and resolve the FCW+ randomly disabling itself

#10 ·
I've just upgraded from 15.04.21 to 15.21.37, after the FCW+ started failing randomly again (sorry NoNav!)

I was also getting the error message on the iOS UConnect Live app, that most seem to be getting, but there are people on here that do have it working.

So I reached out to Jeep on Twitter, they told me to call them. So I did, auto message kept telling me not to hang up, but they hung up after 11 minutes. Moaned on Twitter, and got a call back. Who logged my issues. Got another callback from an Italian guy, who's English wasn't great.

Basically I'd forgotten to create a master record against my username when I created it. WTF - How the **** is that my fault! There's one button to press - login!

Anyway... I've got to wait now for an email, of terms and conditions... and then I'll be able to log in... apparently...

Not holding my breath.

It's sucks it's this fecking difficult to do. It should be s simple job getting access.

#11 ·
Pretty sure mine is the 15.21.37 and so far works perfectly.
Tomato. HD is perfect with bang up to date traffic and symbols, speed camera alerts seem correct, although there is an area near me where they just seem to go off at random.
Deezer, Reuters, TuneIn all work spot on - haven't tried Twitter.
My:car and Eco:drive also seem good but early days yet.

#13 ·
So, Jeep's official response.

If you're renegade was built before 5th July, it will NOT support UConnect Live - doesn't have the right chip set.

I'm gob smacked. We've been promised this since we bought the Renegade, it's in ALL the marketing material...

VERY ANGRY RIGHT NOW!!!!

#16 ·
Hi Richard

Looks like you have a later release of UConnect on your system, I have checked on my VRN and the latest available is 15.21.37. You may be one of the lucky people who's car was built after July 2015 and the UConnect Live may actually work based on WanderinClumps email.

#19 ·
Mine's just been delivered to the dealer - hope these wrinkles have been ironed out!

I've got an iPhone 5S now, but am about to change to an iPhone 6 (or 6S) - would be nice to know it'll work properly...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.