Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I will be picking up my Glacier Metallic TH a week on Thursday (5 days short of 4 months on from when I ordered it!).

I had a query about the compatibility of iPhone's and IPod's with the UConnect system.

I have seen some threads where people seem to be happy using USB sticks for their music/albums, but I have always used IPod's and have most of my music library on mine.

I wondered if anyone knew of any issues when trying to play music from an IPhone or IPod or whether it should all be ok.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I don't use the the iPhone for music but do use my iPod. The first time I plugged in the iPod it was recognized immediately and has always worked fine. Our Renegade uses Uconnect 5.0 and the iPod will not play when plugged into the USB port inside the center console, however it will charge using that port. The iPhone works great on bluetooth and was very easy to setup but I don't use it for any music. Never tried a USB stick.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I copied my entire iTunes song library (from my computer) onto a mini thumb drive and leave that plugged in. I listen to my songs from there.

My UConnect does sync with my iPhone so the same list of songs is available if I choose to listen to songs from there.

Reactions: kaba

·
Registered
430 Posts
When using Bluetooth, you can't change albums from the head unit, or change shuffle and repeat options. When I plugged my phone into the USB, it locked up my phone. Then again I was using a knockoff cord, which works fine with my Pioneer unit in the other Jeep. Bluetooth reception is not that great either. It has trouble when I have my phone in my pocket. The Pioneer unit will pick up my phone from about 75 feet away.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
I use my iphone as an ipod just fine. The biggest issues is that if you don't plug it in before turning on the car, ipod mode may not beat out the bluetooth pairing, and inn bluetooth mode, you can't browse via the uconnect UI.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't use the the iPhone for music but do use my iPod. The first time I plugged in the iPod it was recognized immediately and has always worked fine. Our Renegade uses Uconnect 5.0 and the iPod will not play when plugged into the USB port inside the center console, however it will charge using that port. The iPhone works great on bluetooth and was very easy to setup but I don't use it for any music. Never tried a USB stick.

That's strange. My iPod plays in the center console USB. It's very convenient because you don't have to worry about hiding it every time you get out of your car. I have a Latitude if that has any impact on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use both with few problems. However, I've had one problem that's really annoying but I solved it. Plugging my iPhone into the main USB port (under the air conditioning controls) automatically turns on the music, and if I'm using Apple or Google Maps programs then the music comes on all the time and can't be shut off. I've tried every setting I can, but this is a problem with the Uconnect system's interface with the iPhone. Sometimes I need to concentrate on driving and following directions without music playing! What's my solution? I have an 8 hour long music file called "Silence". Also, I prefer to plug my iPhone in because the battery gets drained really quickly on Bluetooth.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Ive got a 6, with newest update, and every few days, itll freeze when its plugged in the front usb plug. Sometimes itll lock the screen on the phone to where only the picture is displayed but nothing plays through the Jeep, and I have to manually close the music app. The center console switches between a 64gb jump drive and a broken click wheel nano 16gb, depending on what music I wanna hear that trip :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.