Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not even talking projectors or any upgrade really, just better looking lights. I threw some Sylvania zXes in my head lamps, and they are bright enough now, but I really dont love how the stock housing looks. I always liked the crosshair style headlights I had on my old GTI, but it seems that there are similar lights on Wranglers.

Edit: another picture that shows it a little better:

I wonder if any companies would make something like this for the Renegade? Also would love to see better looking tail lights, especially ones that don't have as much of a black molding on them.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be interested in tail lights aswell I'm not crazy about the X and all
The black plastic
This bothers me, but I also don't like red turn signals (I feel like people don't notice them as much as Amber). I noticed the rest of the world seems to have Amber turns in the X portion, and a fog and reverse light where the bumper reflectors are. I wonder how hard this would be to make work on a US model.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This bothers me, but I also don't like red turn signals (I feel like people don't notice them as much as Amber). I noticed the rest of the world seems to have Amber turns in the X portion, and a fog and reverse light where the bumper reflectors are. I wonder how hard this would be to make work on a US model.
Big job I would think.
Apart from any wiring changes there would need to be some recoding done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As the their popularity increases, I bet we'll see some aftermarket headlights.

I'd check some of the euro tuners for them first. Or hopefully some of the Fiat 500 parts companies join the renegade side.

I may just spring for the euro factory xenons, once the parts get a bit more readily available. Should be very close to plug n plug and sometimes switching a country code number in the ecu through a diagnosis tool.

Its usually all that been required when I've done it to modern vws, audis, and bmws.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.