Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not even talking projectors or any upgrade really, just better looking lights. I threw some Sylvania zXes in my head lamps, and they are bright enough now, but I really dont love how the stock housing looks. I always liked the crosshair style headlights I had on my old GTI, but it seems that there are similar lights on Wranglers.

Edit: another picture that shows it a little better:

I wonder if any companies would make something like this for the Renegade? Also would love to see better looking tail lights, especially ones that don't have as much of a black molding on them.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be interested in tail lights aswell I'm not crazy about the X and all
The black plastic
This bothers me, but I also don't like red turn signals (I feel like people don't notice them as much as Amber). I noticed the rest of the world seems to have Amber turns in the X portion, and a fog and reverse light where the bumper reflectors are. I wonder how hard this would be to make work on a US model.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This bothers me, but I also don't like red turn signals (I feel like people don't notice them as much as Amber). I noticed the rest of the world seems to have Amber turns in the X portion, and a fog and reverse light where the bumper reflectors are. I wonder how hard this would be to make work on a US model.
Big job I would think.
Apart from any wiring changes there would need to be some recoding done.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Funny you guys don't like the X tail lights. That's been one of the things that people tend to say they like most about the design. I'm not sure if it would be easy to change those tail lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As the their popularity increases, I bet we'll see some aftermarket headlights.

I'd check some of the euro tuners for them first. Or hopefully some of the Fiat 500 parts companies join the renegade side.

I may just spring for the euro factory xenons, once the parts get a bit more readily available. Should be very close to plug n plug and sometimes switching a country code number in the ecu through a diagnosis tool.

Its usually all that been required when I've done it to modern vws, audis, and bmws.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.