Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I will be moving from CA to MT soon and planning to trade my 2WD Chevy Equinox for something more capable in snow.

It seems Renegede Sport 4x4 is a good option. I've been trying to figure out if it comes with the Brake Lock Differential (BLD). I could not find anything conclusive on Jeep's website or here. Dealers I called do not possess the knowledge beyond transmission and color options!!!

Does anybody know whether the Sport 4x4 comes with BLD?

Thanks,

·
Registered
236 Posts
Having watched all youtube videos on renegade (no exaggeration) I can say with 99% certainty the all 4x4's come with BLD.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All 4x4 Renegades are "Full time 4wd" or "AWD" and YES, they all have the electronic Brake-Loc differential...which is just a tuning that uses the brakes to simulate a locker when it detects slippage at a specific wheel... The Trailhawk has a more aggressive tuning for the Brake-Loc differential, but all the 4x4 models have it...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you erkmadhatter. This answers my question.

Gaelmart. Have you seen any videos testing Renegade's AWD system like they do in this video for subaru.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OzK-oRPCbs

That is, is the AWD system is good enough to move the car when only one wheel has traction? I know it is not very likely that any driver will find himself in such a situation. However, I think this is a good test showing how sophisticated the AWD system is.

Also, I think my next car is going to be either a forester or a renegade as they both come with manual transmission. So, I'd like to compare these two in detail. Renegade already has an edge as it is cheaper than Forester.

Thanks,

·
Registered
72 Posts
All 4x4 Renegades are "Full time 4wd" or "AWD" and YES, they all have the electronic Brake-Loc differential...which is just a tuning that uses the brakes to simulate a locker when it detects slippage at a specific wheel... The Trailhawk has a more aggressive tuning for the Brake-Loc differential, but all the 4x4 models have it...
I've heard that Trailhawks come with slightly larger brakes also, can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've heard that Trailhawks come with slightly larger brakes also, can anyone confirm that?

Gaelmart. Have you seen any videos testing Renegade's AWD system like they do in this video for subaru.

That is, is the AWD system is good enough to move the car when only one wheel has traction? I know it is not very likely that any driver will find himself in such a situation. However, I think this is a good test showing how sophisticated the AWD system is.

Also, I think my next car is going to be either a forester or a renegade as they both come with manual transmission. So, I'd like to compare these two in detail. Renegade already has an edge as it is cheaper than Forester.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.