Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I am in eastern PA and my local dealer has one Sport, three Latitudes, one Limited, and one Trailhawk (no, zero Trailhawks because I just bought it). They have another seven in transit according to their web site.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sports and Latitudes are all that is on the lots here in North Alabama.

They did tell me they had a white Limited coming in a couple of weeks. If it was red, I would be very,very tempted to buy it. I briefly got to see the red in person on Saturday, but it sold while I was there so I didn't get to test drive it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mostly Latitudes here in Western Massachusetts. I bought the one Trailhawk they had over the border in Vermont. I haven't seen ANY Sports in the inventory yet! A few more Trailhawks have trickled in but mine is the only one I've seen driving around so far.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmmmmnnm. That is interesting. It looks like jeep is limiting the Trailhawk which will make negotiating a price harder and incentives less.
That's why I'm not even going to bother trying to haggle. I'l l concentrate on a higher trade in on my current car.

My local dealer got around 20 in. Four were TH models. That was around a week ago. One was sold the morning I noticed them arrive and the other two (including the one I drove) were gone today when I went by. I'm not sure if the one in the showroom was still there or not. There were still a bunch of the other models left. My guess is they wanted to get in the other models but only give us a taste of the Trailhawk. I'm not sure what it is but the other models just don't interest me. Something about the blacked out grill and tow hooks I guess. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's why I'm not even going to bother trying to haggle. I'l l concentrate on a higher trade in on my current car.

My local dealer got around 20 in. Four were TH models. That was around a week ago. One was sold the morning I noticed them arrive and the other two (including the one I drove) were gone today when I went by. I'm not sure if the one in the showroom was still there or not. There were still a bunch of the other models left. My guess is they wanted to get in the other models but only give us a taste of the Trailhawk. I'm not sure what it is but the other models just don't interest me. Something about the blacked out grill and tow hooks I guess. :)
I'm just hoping it's because of early deliveries and a lack of being fully implemented. In a couple years when I'm ready to buy we should know defiantly how FCA marketing will be.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When it comes to haggling the price of the Renegade, I think honestly this opening year will be perfect. FCA shot themselves in the foot a little by just getting 2015 Renegades to dealerships in April. And they can't have 2016 year model Jeep lineup in 3rd/4th quarter 2015 and still not sell a 2016 Renegade. When they switch the titles to "2016", and immediately give the brand new Renegades a model year's worth of depreciation, I'm betting dealers are gonna be willing to let them go with high percentages off. At least I'm hoping anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are very few Sports here in the NE - They're out there but very Sparingly. We had a customer looking for a base Sport and if I can remember correctly, we had trouble finding anything close to us.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have been looking over the central/ So Cal, web sites and I noticed Butt load of Limiteds and latitudes but very little Sports and even less Trailhawks. How is it in you neck of the woods?
Distribution is most likely based on target demographics. The Renegade is aimed squarely at millenials. SoCal is mostly urban. TH doesn't really fit that demographic.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hey, those are fighting words, waiting for my SoCal TH :D

Actually you would be surprised at the number of Wranglers on the road here, both fully built out and mall crawlers. Looking at cars.com there are already 14 Trialhawks in SoCal as we speak:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...Id=53807&zc=90003&rd=150&searchSource=UTILITY
I live in SoCal too. Yes there are Wranglers here. Of course, there are. It's one of the highest concentration of population of all United States. Naturally, and statistically, your probability of encountering any type of vehicle is going to be higher.

What I'm talking about is the the portion the overall population that Jeep is intending for the Renegade: urban Millennials. Look at Jeeps marketing efforts in Europe. The evidence is clear. Most people in this target segment is more likely to purchase the street-oriented trims than the TH.

Similarly, you won't see Ferrari advertising in Compton or Inglewood.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Distribution is most likely based on target demographics. The Renegade is aimed squarely at millenials. SoCal is mostly urban. TH doesn't really fit that demographic.
I have to disagree. Yes the millenials live in urban areas but So Cal is heavy when it comes to health, fitness and extreme sports. A lot of surfing, skate boarding, mountain bike riding and x-game stuff. When Fiat released the Trekking 500L, it's main target was So Cal toward the active youth. It was the active lifestyle be all end all vehicle. Plus if you have been following this thread, TH and Sports are a thin breed right now. Where I live, you can't throw a stick in any direction with out hitting a Jeep Wrangler and most of those are modified

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought one in NH and have yet to see another on the road. I was only able to look at one other. The rest Latitudes and one limited. I agree if your gonna pop for one, go big or go home. The trailhawk is the way to go.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have to disagree. Yes the millenials live in urban areas but So Cal is heavy when it comes to health, fitness and extreme sports. A lot of surfing, skate boarding, mountain bike riding and x-game stuff. When Fiat released the Trekking 500L, it's main target was So Cal toward the active youth. It was the active lifestyle be all end all vehicle. Plus if you have been following this thread, TH and Sports are a thin breed right now. Where I live, you can't throw a stick in any direction with out hitting a Jeep Wrangler and most of those are modified
Do you work in advertising? for automakers? I do. What I said is exactly how manufacturers allocate distribution.

You can't use the Wrangler as an example. One, it's not in the same category or target as the Renegade. Two, already discussed, SoCal is a much larger data pool than other regions. Your chances of encountering anything here is much higher than anywhere else. Larger pool, higher frequency.

The TH will make its way into SoCal, but it will not be in high numbers compared to the other trims; probably not even 20% of all that will be sold. Those interested in extreme sports and extreme uses will be looking at the Wrangler anyway.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You can't use the Wrangler as an example. One, it's not in the same category or target as the Renegade.
I predict, 40% to 60% of the Soccer Moms, Baseball Dads and Mall Crawlers, when they discover the Renegade's better gas mileage, better ride and better amenities will stop buying the Wrangler and switch to the Renegade.

Oh, and those that want the rugged urban image, will buy the Trailhawk!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I got the Trailhawk for several reasons, but none are for it's superior off-road abilities (compared to other Renegades).

I liked the look of the Silver Trailhawk with its black roof, black (and gray) bumpers & grill, red hooks, and red-trimmed badges on the front doors & rear hatch.

And it was optioned (almost) the way I wanted. I wish it had a manual transmission but the automatic drives well as boring as it is.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you work in advertising? for automakers? I do. What I said is exactly how manufacturers allocate distribution.

You can't use the Wrangler as an example. One, it's not in the same category or target as the Renegade. Two, already discussed, SoCal is a much larger data pool than other regions. Your chances of encountering anything here is much higher than anywhere else. Larger pool, higher frequency.

The TH will make its way into SoCal, but it will not be in high numbers compared to the other trims; probably not even 20% of all that will be sold. Those interested in extreme sports and extreme uses will be looking at the Wrangler anyway.
I used too and I still have friends that do. I agree with everything you said in this post but don't agree that urban millennial in So Cal have little interest in a vehicle like the Trailhawk. Even using your argument, you would expect to see a larger percentage of Trailhawks than that are available at this time

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.