Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
I fear that even if it was planned, the VW dieslgate fiasco may further sour American public opinion on them enough to make it unprofitable. ****, the traditional American disdain for diesel cars can be largely traced back to the rattly, smoky diesel Mercedes and self-destructing diesel Oldsmobiles of the '70s.

The American car-buying public has a long memory when it comes to negative press.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
And I can't stand when a Diesel car or pick up truck is in front of me on the road. Some aren't as bad, but some really smell bad. Especially if they bypass the DPF or let the Diesel fluid run out (if equipped).

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are threads about this here already. if you search you can find them. Here is one. http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...if-you-want-diesel-you-can-special-order.html
I have had a diesel Trailhawk in the UK for one day and am loving it so far.
Sorry for beating the apparently dead horse. As for importing a Diesel to the US, no way that's going to fly in California. The Diesel would have to be certified by the EPA. There is no way around this. If the engine were certified by the EPA because Vhrysler paid for it, the engine would be available here.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sorry for beating the apparently dead horse. As for importing a Diesel to the US, no way that's going to fly in California. The Diesel would have to be certified by the EPA. There is no way around this. If the engine were certified by the EPA because Vhrysler paid for it, the engine would be available here.
Yeah I highly doubt Jeep is going to bother with it, most Americans don't care for a diesel and don't see the benefit of it. Sales are low in the US on diesels in other brands as well (other than truck sales).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.