Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
yes he is annoying, however i really think that renegade could have made it up that last little hill had he maybe changed his approach angle, i made it up something a little steeper with slick mud
I'm with you. Based on the text description and the video, I suspect that trying a different mode would have resulted in different behavior and possibly success. It doesn't look too steep, it looks like the loose surface is what stops progress.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm with you. Based on the text description and the video, I suspect that trying a different mode would have resulted in different behavior and possibly success. It doesn't look too steep, it looks like the loose surface is what stops progress.
That last part was absolutely staged. Let me drive one for a few days and I'll do some nice Colorado trails to test out the capabilities. >:D

·
Registered
10 Posts

Totally agree. It definitely could have made it. At the end of the article he says, "The 2.4 kind of went 'Hrrrrmmmmm' and no further forward progress was forthcoming. Now, with more torque to the wheels—say, from an actual low range— and more ground clearance, I could’ve kept going." I don't think any of those things stopped him from making it up there. It was probably the rock mode like you said, limiting the wheel spin/torque to keep the vehicle in control. He was probably looking for a way to end it because he was only allowed a certain amount of time for his video...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.