Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my wifes 2016 Rene Trailhawk (63,000km) is making an awful clunking noise when turning slowly, right or left, down driveways, up driveways, etc. I'm trying to find what the problem is before I take it to the shop. I changed the sway arms last year thinking that was the noise (nope), so I went digging more today as its getting really bad. It looks like the lower control arm rear bearing, but just want to run it by the community to give me some kind of confirmation. The first picture is the passenger side, looks normal. The second is the drivers side. Oooff. Just want to confirm in case the stealership says its the control arms, steering rack, engine mounts and anything else they can dream up. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

Good side:
Tire Wheel Cloud Automotive tire Automotive lighting

What I assume is the bad side:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little bit of an update - Jeep wants $2500 to fix. :mad: They are saying the bushing cant be pressed out and replaced as the control arm is all one peice (I call BS). They also said I would have to do both sides as the other is bad too (BS again). So, are these control arms difficult to change by yourself? I have new tires coming that has a wheel alignment booked at the same time, so that will be handled afterwards. But these damn stealerships - they are not repair shops, they are part swappers. If they will only want to part swap, then I'll swap it myself. How hard can it be? No, seriously, how difficult is it to do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
A little bit of an update - Jeep wants $2500 to fix. :mad: They are saying the bushing cant be pressed out and replaced as the control arm is all one peice (I call BS). They also said I would have to do both sides as the other is bad too (BS again). So, are these control arms difficult to change by yourself? I have new tires coming that has a wheel alignment booked at the same time, so that will be handled afterwards. But these damn stealerships - they are not repair shops, they are part swappers. If they will only want to part swap, then I'll swap it myself. How hard can it be? No, seriously, how difficult is it to do?
Rember leave bolts loose .put back on ground. Or support then tighten i think it was 95 ft. P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts