Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

So I had an interesting issue with my Renegade yesterday. Keep in mind I have had this vehicle less than two weeks.

So I went to the car wash to get it washed, and I had just got done cleaning the inside of the car, I hadn't even gotten the outside cleaned, and I went to turn on the car, and it started to give me multiple error messages for nearly everything electrical in the vehicle, from my windows to the lights, but I checked and everything was working just fine. AC, Windows, all of my lights. Everything except for my seats, which wouldn't move (power seats).

I ended up going to the dealership, they disconnected and reconnected the battery, and now everything works perfect again.

Anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And.. you couldn't do that? There is a quick connect on battery for those problems!:nerd:
Think People!

Given the fact that this vehicle is within the timeline for Lemon Law here in Massachusetts, I am not laying a hand on that vehicle's engine until that is over. I am not having the dealership, Chrysler, or anyone tell me I messed something up. Its not that I didn't think of that, it's that the vehicle is less than two weeks old, and there are already problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is really strange. Should have taken it to another dealer for a "second opinion." Did the dealer you take it to just disconnect and reconnect the battery? If so, the computer may still have those warning codes logged. You should take it to another dealer to have them pull up the codes and see if they experienced the issue before. Or at least provide you a response from tech support. When the dealer gave you the receipt, did it have any technician's notes on it as to what was performed? I'm curious to know now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is really strange. Should have taken it to another dealer for a "second opinion." Did the dealer you take it to just disconnect and reconnect the battery? If so, the computer may still have those warning codes logged. You should take it to another dealer to have them pull up the codes and see if they experienced the issue before. Or at least provide you a response from tech support. When the dealer gave you the receipt, did it have any technician's notes on it as to what was performed? I'm curious to know now.
It wasn't an official tech, although they did note what the salesman did on the work request for my appointment on Monday, I will post more notes when they take it in for the official service on Monday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, apparently the dealership was able to find the error codes in the system, but they aren't codes that they are familiar with. *sigh* So, apparently they tried to reset the computer so they could try to make it happen again, and they now are having further issues booting everything up and getting everything to work as it should. They seem to believe my Renegade will end up being classed as a lemon, because, according to them, unless they can get the electronics to work, they will have to completely gut the car to fix it, and Chrysler is unlikely to approve that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So, apparently the dealership was able to find the error codes in the system, but they aren't codes that they are familiar with. *sigh* So, apparently they tried to reset the computer so they could try to make it happen again, and they now are having further issues booting everything up and getting everything to work as it should. They seem to believe my Renegade will end up being classed as a lemon, because, according to them, unless they can get the electronics to work, they will have to completely gut the car to fix it, and Chrysler is unlikely to approve that.

I wish you goood luck.... from my experience it isn't going to be that easy. Make notes of every interaction you have with anyone associated with the repair or customer service. Call every day for an update and log what they say.

Be ready for a long fight...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I power washed mine including inside the engine bay area after off-road'g muds soaped-up big time and no problem starting back up. I have the low end though ... Sport 1.4T manual 6 speed. Maybe you have too many bells and whistles?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So now I am further confused by the dealer's actions, and getting more pissed off with the whole experience. So, I got my car back yesterday, after the dealership called me out of the blue, a few hours after telling me I might have to find a new car, to tell me that my vehicle was working and ready to be picked up, and that they had resolved the issue.

I then get to the dealership, and the vehicle is working, but they never got to resolving the original issue, AND my car is down a half tank of gas that the dealer refuses to fill. I left a message with the service manager, and I will continue to call until he hears my issue, because this whole process is becoming extremely irritating. This dealership, after spending close to 30K on a new vehicle with them, tried putting me in this old, beat-up, rental Dodge Dart with no features or nicities whatsoever, that promptly proceeds to practically fall apart on the highway thanks to horrendous wheel wobble, to which the dealer responds "just don't drive it on the highway." After demanding a new vehicle time and time again, they used an outside rental company to get me into a different car.

I am so beyond irritated with this whole service process, which is a shame. The salespeople and sales managers I dealt with were nice and helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys! So I had an interesting issue with my Renegade yesterday. Keep in mind I have had this vehicle less than two weeks. So I went to the car wash to get it washed, and I had just got done cleaning the inside of the car, I hadn't even gotten the outside cleaned, and I went to turn on the car, and it started to give me multiple error messages for nearly everything electrical in the vehicle, from my windows to the lights, but I checked and everything was working just fine. AC, Windows, all of my lights. Everything except for my seats, which wouldn't move (power seats). I ended up going to the dealership, they disconnected and reconnected the battery, and now everything works perfect again. Anyone had a similar problem?
Just had that problem with my 2020 Jeep renegade installed an aftermarket head unit and two days after it happened...don't know if it was the head unit or the cb radio took it to the dealer and was charged $400

1 - 16 of 16 Posts