Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered a TH on April 30th from a small dealership near me but have not yet received a VON. In an email response today from my sales person, I was told that they had been in contact with Jeep every couple days trying to get a VON but have been told by Jeep that the TH is ordered and in the manufacturing process schedule. The email went on to say "Jeep is process of changing the manufacturing of the Renegade to shorten the wait time for orders. That has been the holdup. It requires computer, supplier and plant changes. I will stay on top of everything to get you a number ASAP."

Anyone else having an issue getting a VON? Or heard this? I'm not too worried or itching to get the thing tomorrow, since my plan was to replace my current car this fall, anyway, but just want to make sure the order is in the pipeline. Is this a small dealership kind of issue?

Oh, and the TH I ordered is blue and fully loaded with exception of the upgraded sound system and navigation.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I ordered a TH with My Sky back in March. I cannot recall if had VON right away or not...but if not was shortly after.
Mine is currently in G status (trim)...the only other option was cold weather group.
I would think you should have a VON by now....being over a month in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup... I did put a deposit down. And while I am not worried about being ripped-off, I just think it is very strange/odd/incongruous that some folks have said some dealers have said they are not able to place orders, others are, some aren't with MySky, some have job statuses, some don't and, of course, there are 100s of these cars sitting on a testing track in Michigan waiting for a software update.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think that larger dealers are able to order more right now and may be able to get better information than smaller dealers. I had to go to 4 different dealers before I could find one that would allow me to order a Latitude with a manual trans and My Sky.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I just sent an email to JeepCares... don't want to get the dealership in trouble (does that even happen) because I really do appreciate the salesperson and would like to support the smaller dealership, I would just like to have a little more of a window of when this thing will be built and delivered. Like I said, I'm fine with September or October (the 4-6 months I was told) but it sounds a little bit like "the check is in the mail" if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
471 Posts
If I remember correctly, my dealer said that they place the order & once it is confirmed is when the VON get assigned. The first dealer I went to told me I couldn't order yet & when I told them people on this forum had ordered, he then told me I could.... Which is why I went to the different dealer. Don't like games. (He thought I would buy something off the lot). Sounds like they can't comfirm your order for some reason?

·
Registered
161 Posts
My dealer had to wait a week before we got our VONs (two Renegades ordered), and we just got the VINs last weekend (we ordered on 4/19 with deposits). Once you get the VON, just call 877-426-5337 to check on the status -- the 877 folks seem to have updated information a couple of days before our dealer does.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your comments. I used them (and the response I got when I emailed JeepCares) in an email to the dealership last night. Today, before lunch, received an email (and call) for them with the VON.

Now I just want the next 12-20 weeks to get here so I can sell the 05 Escape and not have to drive my wife's car when she borrows mine (hers is a lease, so we are trying to conserve miles on it and despite being new, I am not a fan of the Equinox... if feels like a bloated station wagon).

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer had to wait a week before we got our VONs (two Renegades ordered), and we just got the VINs last weekend (we ordered on 4/19 with deposits). Once you get the VON, just call 877-426-5337 to check on the status -- the 877 folks seem to have updated information a couple of days before our dealer does.
Can Canadians use this number too?

·
Registered
79 Posts
If I remember correctly, my dealer said that they place the order & once it is confirmed is when the VON get assigned. The first dealer I went to told me I couldn't order yet & when I told them people on this forum had ordered, he then told me I could.... Which is why I went to the different dealer. Don't like games. (He thought I would buy something off the lot). Sounds like they can't comfirm your order for some reason?
My dealer too. No I can't get a VON. Oh, you have the name of another dealer who can? Hey, look, I can get you a VON all of a sudden.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I ordered a Trailhawk with towing and MySky and a bunch of other goodies on April 24th. I just got an email from the dealer this morning that it's made it to Baltimore, MD. That's a lot faster than I expected (4 months). Hopefully they didn't leave anything off and it's good. I expect to take delivery some time this month if everything goes right.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered a Trailhawk with towing and MySky and a bunch of other goodies on April 24th. I just got an email from the dealer this morning that it's made it to Baltimore, MD. That's a lot faster than I expected (4 months). Hopefully they didn't leave anything off and it's good. I expect to take delivery some time this month if everything goes right.

Made it to Baltimore with MySky and towing hook!?! That sounds promising. Where is the final destination (don't worry, we won't steal it)? Let us know when it arrives?

I finally got confirmation from my dealer, expect instead of being ordered on April 30 as I was told, it appears it was not ordered until yesterday. Not too happy about that, but just glad everything is moving forward.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Is it the same one you ordered ( same VIN)? I was told by a dealer that if something coming across was an exact match to what I ordered, that they would pull that vehicle for me instead of waiting for my actual order. Just curious if that's what may have happened with the quick turn a round time. Anyhow... Gives the rest of us hope!!

·
Registered
454 Posts

Holy crap that was fast! Congratulations. I just got mine ordered last week and have been waiting for a status update on it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Made it to Baltimore with MySky and towing hook!?! That sounds promising. Where is the final destination (don't worry, we won't steal it)? Let us know when it arrives?

I finally got confirmation from my dealer, expect instead of being ordered on April 30 as I was told, it appears it was not ordered until yesterday. Not too happy about that, but just glad everything is moving forward.
I got a build confirmation on May 27th from Jeep. The final destination is Painesville, OH. That's about 390 miles. I wonder if there is some truth to the computer glitch story unrelated to the onboard electronics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.