Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened jeep started for work this morning started after work started at the grocery store twice for quick stops get home and it doesn’t want to start all kinds of warnings going off!!! Right now trying the battery disconnect for 30 minutes hoping that will work if not will have to wait till Friday to get a battery

·
Registered
312 Posts
well you can have les schwab do the free battery test and go to wilder and get a mopar if its defective

at least les schwab has a better selection and heavy duty options nothing like a 7yr warranty and if it goes bad sooner you get credit

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well you can have les schwab do the free battery test and go to wilder and get a mopar if its defective

at least les schwab has a better selection and heavy duty options nothing like a 7yr warranty and if it goes bad sooner you get credit
I just saw that andLes schwab has always been good

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Ops

I took your adivse and went to les schwabs this monring and got it tested they said it was only holding 2/3 of its actual capacity.

I had them replace with an AGM battery to the tune of 278.00

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm glad that was it.

I know when I looked at the gauge it has read 14.8v but I haven’t monitored it lately and not knowing the last time it was replace
Reading the voltage doesn't do it. You have to do a load test (which is what I assume Les Schwab did).

If that's the original battery from 2015, you're very lucky it lasted this long. Three years is the norm.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm glad that was it.

Reading the voltage doesn't do it. You have to do a load test (which is what I assume Les Schwab did).

If that's the original battery from 2015, you're very lucky it lasted this long. Three years is the norm.
yes they did a load test best that i know. it was a white top mopar battery im assuming that it was the orginal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts