Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Was on my way to work, went to accelerate to get into parking lot, No response from Gas Pedal Car was running everything was on, Small cogwheel with ! in it, and than the check engine light came on. Was able to roll into my spot, THANK GOD!!! Called Roadside assistance, 50 mins later they answered. Car was towed away. Now comes the waiting period. I am 50 and had around 7 new cars since 1998, We never experienced this new car failure ever! I hope the verdict is a Lemon, and maybe get an entire different vehicle, How can I trust this Renegade after this? 621 miles?

· Registered
50 Posts
Was on my way to work, went to accelerate to get into parking lot, No response from Gas Pedal Car was running everything was on, Small cogwheel with ! in it, and than the check engine light came on. Was able to roll into my spot, THANK GOD!!! Called Roadside assistance, 50 mins later they answered. Car was towed away. Now comes the waiting period. I am 50 and had around 7 new cars since 1998, We never experienced this new car failure ever! I hope the verdict is a Lemon, and maybe get an entire different vehicle, How can I trust this Renegade after this? 621 miles?
The day I got the car, I was about to get on the highway when I got the "Service Transmission" message and then the check engine light came on. I was still able to drive it home, but it has pretty much been at the dealership since. They have replaced the valve body, wiring harness, and played around with the shifter, and now tech line has told the mechanics to take all the new out and put it back in to make sure that it is put in correctly. My service manager said the next step is a whole new transmission. This all occurred in less than 150km. First time was less than 100 and second time was the very next evening. Keep us updated!

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, how can we get over this? These are not just new car issues, they are major problems. Just waiting now,,, I did make sure I contacted Jeep themselves to create a case though. This is very scary.

· Registered
50 Posts
I ended up not needing a new transmission as the mechanic went in himself and found a loose lever in the area within the transmission and that fixed the problem. (This was after 27 days and having the wiring harness and valve body replaced.)

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the tranny is at the dealer, it is a reman. I was told they do not or never will ship brandvnew transmissions tonreplace. Ok, im iinda good with it, it is under a new warranty. Just have to see how things go. Wish me luck,

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doing research, seems like a reman is easily better than rebuilt, and on many occasions than a new, that seems strange to me, but it looks like it is true in most cases I found while searching, my fingers and toes are crossed

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just picked it up, seems fine, but I surely need more time driving it, the jeep cust svc.and chapman jeep in henderson nevada, did a great job getting it back in a week! They also are getting a care package and will call me, when I should go pick it up. Hope to have pleasure from the new Renegade now.

· Registered
50 Posts
Just picked it up, seems fine, but I surely need more time driving it, the jeep cust svc.and chapman jeep in henderson nevada, did a great job getting it back in a week! They also are getting a care package and will call me, when I should go pick it up. Hope to have pleasure from the new Renegade now.
Happy you have it back and that it seems fine!

· Registered
57 Posts
Well, the tranny is at the dealer, it is a reman. I was told they do not or never will ship brandvnew transmissions tonreplace. Ok, im iinda good with it, it is under a new warranty. Just have to see how things go. Wish me luck,
I was wondering about the logic in replacing a brand new tranny with another brand new tranny considering that they are obviously flawed.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was wondering about the logic in replacing a brand new tranny with another brand new tranny considering that they are obviously flawed.
Right!!! So since it is a Remanufactured,, I am positive it is better now, Since they were able to do whatever it is that they do to make it work properly. Crossing my digits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.