Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alarm has behaved since I had the firmware updated. But today, as I was getting in the Renegade, the alarm went off, and wouldn't turn off. As before I could start the engine fine.
I called Jeep customer service, who put me through to Jeep Service in Italy, I don't speak Italian. Anyway, whilst I was on hold, the alarm stopped. I re-started the car, and the ABS failed, the Hill start assist failed, ALL the exterior lights filed, the crash mitigation failed, the auto fuel cut off failed, manual operation of the electronic hand brake doesn't work (works automatically though), the window wipers don't turn off and the multi function steering wheel doesn't work.

Sweet baby Jesus and the Orphans...

Anyone else having software nightmares?

Other glitches I've noticed:

1. When being told to make a turn and cruise control is being disabled (applying pressure to the brake to make the turn on the motorway) the screen between the dials goes mental flicking between both messages.

2. iPod control hangs every so often, just won't let you do anything on the media screen.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm sorry to say, but the more they computerize automobiles, the more this kind of non-sense will happen.
Anyone owned a computer that you didn't have issues with at one point or another?
Heat, moisture, dust, shock are all mortal enemies of electronics, but an everyday thing for a vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
My blinkers get stuck on at times and even go from left to right non stop and I am unable to control or shut off.
That's apparently not a bug. The usual behavior push until it clicks, the signal stays on. Push without a click, it blinks until you release the pressure. Apparently on various jeeps and other FCA vehicles, there's passing mode, which is push, don't click, release makes it blink 3-5 times depending on vehicle. It's not hard to get caught bouncing back and forth between passing mode let and passing mode right especially when deactivating the signal when it didn't auto click off after a shallow turn.

left alone it should stop in 5 blinks or less.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The alarm has behaved since I had the firmware updated. But today, as I was getting in the Renegade, the alarm went off, and wouldn't turn off. As before I could start the engine fine.
I called Jeep customer service, who put me through to Jeep Service in Italy, I don't speak Italian. Anyway, whilst I was on hold, the alarm stopped. I re-started the car, and the ABS failed, the Hill start assist failed, ALL the exterior lights filed, the crash mitigation failed, the auto fuel cut off failed, manual operation of the electronic hand brake doesn't work (works automatically though), the window wipers don't turn off and the multi function steering wheel doesn't work.

Sweet baby Jesus and the Orphans...

Anyone else having software nightmares?

Other glitches I've noticed:

1. When being told to make a turn and cruise control is being disabled (applying pressure to the brake to make the turn on the motorway) the screen between the dials goes mental flicking between both messages.

2. iPod control hangs every so often, just won't let you do anything on the media screen.
Same issue with mine today, drove straight to the dealer with out any working brake lights or indicators !. They flashed the body computer with the latest software which I am told by the dealer will fix this issue.

Well time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
FYI, bizzarre electronics behavior and any diagnosis involving the BCM, make sure your service center is checking for shorting wires pinched by the intake manifold. This was an assembly issue for some duration of production, and as far as has been stated by anyone who had this explained to them was intermittent depending on if anyone noticed they were catching the wiring loom while inserting the engine.

Hope that is of some help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.