Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now how long until it gets to the middle of the mitten?

The TH I ordered on June 1 and went JB on June 29 is in the Port of Baltimore (at least according to the dealership). Now, having watched all 5 seasons of the Wire, I know some crazy things can happen on those docks, so here is hoping the container isn't lost or something.

And for those keeping track of such things, it is a Blue TH with everything but the upgrade sound and navigation system.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you know if your dealer has seen a ton of demand on the little rennys? Maybe he's expecting a big box himself???
I have no idea. It's a very small dealership out in a rural area and I may have been the first person to order one, seeing how it took them a while to actually get me a VON (long story short, I put a deposit down on June 1 but the order was never accepted until June 29ish and only after much hounding by me to get a VON).

In the end, no harm, no foul since I really did not want to get into a new car payment until september, or later... but now that I have one ordered, want it tomorrow, not in August ;-)

·
Registered
454 Posts
now how long until it gets to the middle of the mitten?

The TH I ordered on June 1 and went JB on June 29 is in the Port of Baltimore (at least according to the dealership). Now, having watched all 5 seasons of the Wire, I know some crazy things can happen on those docks, so here is hoping the container isn't lost or something.

And for those keeping track of such things, it is a Blue TH with everything but the upgrade sound and navigation system.
Ordered mine May 29 and showed up in Baltimore 7/21. ETA is 9/1. Seems like a long time to sit and wait to get to Illinois.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered mine May 29 and showed up in Baltimore 7/21. ETA is 9/1. Seems like a long time to sit and wait to get to Illinois.
I wonder if ours were on the same boat and will be on the same train/truck when they head west.

And yeah, a month seems like a long time to sit in Baltimore. Don't get me wrong, I love that city, but I don't think a driverless car would have as much fun hanging out there for a month as a human :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny. Ordered just last week. My delivery date is 08/14. They too say Baltimore is the port of origin. I am in Oregon, a lot further away than Illinois,
I wonder if they found one that matched your requirements and grabbed that one instead of a brand new order. Either way, I hope the train stops in Michigan and Illinois before hitting Oregon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also waiting on my Renegade to escape from the Baltimore black hole. Red MySky Limited that the dealership has inbound but is waiting on it to escape Baltimore. We were told two weeks ago that it was in Baltimore and would be there 'soon'. Same story today. I'm glad I have it in writing from them that it is definite and they took a deposit, because there will be **** to pay if there is a problem and the Jeep doesn't show up.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
And to think, we all get to shell out $995 in a "destination charge" to cover the freight for having a vehicle sit in the Port of Baltimore for 2-6 weeks.
Being a new vehicle they know a charge like that could be easily absorbed, kind of like how all the options and what ever they can get you on in is easier to accept when it all goes into your monthly payments.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.