Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was the comment I got from a guy in a parking lot over the weekend. This couple was looking over the Renegade as I was getting out. They hadn't seen one before. He followed up with, "I mean that in a good way, I like MINIs."

I replied that, based on my experience, the Reny's handling is closer to a MINI than to a Wrangler.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was actually between buying a Jeep Wrangler and a Mini Countryman before I discovered the Renegade... So maybe he wasn't too far off.

·
Registered
715 Posts
That's better than what 1 of my friends says, it's a Kia Soul/Nissan cube looking. I just laugh and say nope, it's a Jeep.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is so funny that you say that. When I first saw the Renegade I thought to myself "that looks like a big mini".

The saleman laughed when I mentioned it to him.

The thing is, I've always wanted a Red Mini and I've also always wanted a Jeep.

And now I have the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
13 Posts
when people ask about its capability I usually tell people in terms of bicycles. some people need mountain bikes to go offroad but its a pain on the street and not smooth, then some people use street bikes which offer a smooth road experience but cant do offroad, then their are hybrid bikes which do a little of both, the Renegade is exactly that.

Reactions: rsanges

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was driving an Astro Black Cooper S for 7 years before resizing to an Omaha Orange Trailhawk. Different animals. Liked the Mini but was ready for a change.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have owned a MINI Cooper, and the missus is on her second MINI - a Cooper S. There is definitely something in it!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh look, the Countryman doesn't come in orange. I like my orange too much to give it up. I live in Colorado so it disguises me as a Broncos fan when needed (don't know the first thing about football) :) I mostly like Orange because it rhymes with obnoxious :)

I was honestly between a Juke and a Countryman. Then my dad called and told me about this "cool new little jeep they're selling, and they make a Trailhawk version."

I looked on the interwebs, and melted when I saw mine. Yes, love at first sight.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In some dimensions it's really not that small.

I have stripes painted on the floor of my shop for guiding my '95 Impala SS (ie, the RWD one, based on the Caprice) in to my lift bay. Those stripes are painted right at the outside tread width of the Impala's contact patch, such that the sidewall bulges over them slightly.

The Renegade is about 2" shy, at the contact patch, on each side of those lines. The width of the renegade at the widest point of the axles/wheels is thus 4" narrower than an 80s/90s American full size car.

Granted, its a LOT shorter, shorter even than the Integra it replaces as a daily driver, so that's something.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's a toaster jeep

I got that twice now

Still don't know how I feel about that

·
Registered
9 Posts
So far I'm still the only one as far as I know who has a Renegade in Melbourne, Australia. Never seen one, nor met anyone who even heard the name. No ads, no commercials, and that's in a country where Jeep is second in popularity only to the US. And I'm begging to love the idea! I'm unique! I love this car.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I always liked the Minis. Every year I'd check them out at the Auto Show and lust. The problem I had was for me it was too easy to accidentally put it in reverse rather than 1st. No lockout on the shifter. I found it out for sure on a test drive. Maybe it's just how I shift? couldn't find an aftermarket shifter to fix the issue. Oh Well better off with a Jeep anyway. Always been a MOPAR man.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tried/joined that forum there. (No permissions so can't view images and can't post to say "I can't view images") Plus now I'm pissed that there are 2 forums...

There can only be one dedicated place to a specific topic on the internet or everything fails. /rant over.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts