Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in a '94 chevy for about five years (dont get me wrong I love the old girl) but I decided it was time for new wheels. After much deliberation I went with jeep over subaru. Then came the choice of what Jeep to purchase. On large purchases I always over think every aspect, especially ones that have a level of commitment such as purchasing a car has. I'm so glad I found this site, yall have shown me the renegang is real and not a bad choice at all. 2015 Trail hawk being brought to me November 27. I look forward to rolling on this adventure with you all.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
769 Posts
I've been in a '94 chevy for about five years (dont get me wrong I love the old girl) but I decided it was time for new wheels. After much deliberation I went with jeep over subaru. Then came the choice of what Jeep to purchase. On large purchases I always over think every aspect, especially ones that have a level of commitment such as purchasing a car has. I'm so glad I found this site, yall have shown me the renegang is real and not a bad choice at all. 2015 Trail hawk being brought to me November 27. I look forward to rolling on this adventure with you all.
Welcome! You’ll surely enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Have a wonderful time with your Renny! I ADORE my Trailhawk with 172,000 miles on it and I've ZERO issues beyond normal wear and tear stuff.
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum.?

Joined Apr 27, 2018? First post?

Good to hear from you! (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have a wonderful time with your Renny! I ADORE my Trailhawk with 172,000 miles on it and I've ZERO issues beyond normal wear and tear stuff.
You bring to mind a great concern of mine. I intend to go out and get the wheels dirty, that's why I chose the Trailhawk. Do you often hit trails? If so and you've had no issues its an ease on my mind, obviously every vehicle is different and every driver is different. But I'm also getting first gen I expect there to be weird issues that I, well, don't expect. It seems some people on the internet condemn the renegade as the worst vehicle every made and others say it was a great buy and they love it. I'm kinda putting most of my eggs in one basket here haha.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You bring to mind a great concern of mine. I intend to go out and get the wheels dirty, that's why I chose the Trailhawk. Do you often hit trails? If so and you've had no issues its an ease on my mind, obviously every vehicle is different and every driver is different. But I'm also getting first gen I expect there to be weird issues that I, well, don't expect. It seems some people on the internet condemn the renegade as the worst vehicle every made and others say it was a great buy and they love it. I'm kinda putting most of my eggs in one basket here haha.
I had a first gen Trailhawk as well. It was fantastic off-road. Just know it's limits. Ground clearance will never be that of a Wrangler or Pickup. I had mine on ORV trails, dunes, mud, and water over the wheels (though I don't recommend that!). Every time I came out just as good as I went in. If it was a little larger I probably would have kept it even longer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts