Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wouldn't put a lot of merit in this. Sexy exotic sports cars will always be more appealing than an SUV.
Speaking as a "wrench head", you can stare into a large tool box full of tools and be awed at some of the exotic special stuff, but if asked to grab one tool only, I would probably grab a #2 flat head screwdriver, the most boring of all tools, but probably the most used.

·
Registered
161 Posts
At first, I was "Appeal? Are they kidding?" but then read the article, which is actually APEAL -- Automotive Performance, Execution, & Layout.

Hyundai (Tucson)
Mazda (CX-3)
Honda (HR-V)
Jeep (Renegade)
Fiat (500X)
It doesn't look like the Renegade was considered in JD Power's APEAL reviews/ratings--just the overall brand.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is a related story

Gutierrez thinks FCA is set to lead most of its rivals in sales growth in July, and that's "almost entirely on the momentum of the Jeep brand." He noted that Jeep has set monthly sales records for 20 months straight, and it has driven a big chunk of FCA's overall sales growth over that time.

Can today's Jeep lineup deliver an experience that will turn those new customers into loyal Jeep fans? We know buyers are sometimes willing to overlook imperfect quality if a vehicle gives them a high level of satisfaction in other ways. We also know FCA has a knack for winning over buyers' hearts, as the sustained success of products like its Dodge muscle cars has shown.

J.D. Power has an annual study that seeks to measure that kind of satisfaction. Called the APEAL Study, for "Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout," it uses a 77-point survey to try to evaluate "how gratifying a new vehicle is to own and drive," the company says.
The latest edition of the APEAL Study came out this past week. As you can see, Jeep -- once again -- ended up near the bottom.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...about-to-go-bust.aspx?source=eogyholnk0000001

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.