Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

Been lurking for a couple of months, but thought I'd join so I can toss my thoughts into the mix.

Not a Jeep owner or a Jeep lover for that matter and off-roading is about as far from my mind as anything.

I currently am the very happy owner of a 14' Mazda 6 which is a combination of great mileage (upper 30's highway) beautiful interior and a ton of standard features (I love blind spot and cross path though I know some here look down on these things.) All for about 25K.

So why am I here? One small problem. My overweight senior citizen body strruggles with ingress and egress especially in the winter with a heavy coat on. I just think that I need a taller vehicle with a much more vertical A-Piller which Renegade has vs. the super sleek Mazda 6 piller which causes me to bump my head every entry or exit. That's when it isn't literally knocking the hat off my head when I get in.

So I see the Renegade a reasonably priced and well equipped vehicle with a decent interior. Probably will get mid 30's mpg Hwy. So when my lease is up in a year and a half I will take a serious look. BTW The Jeep definitely has personality and should be, dare I say a cool thing to drive.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jack, I also prefer an upright stance on my cars for lifting in/out kids etc and I like an upright driving position too. The renegade has been on my radar for a while now and I can't wait to see it for myself. While I've been waiting I've had a look at some of the competitors so that I can make a deciscion relatively easily and then, as I had no Renegade to compare with, I had a look at it's cousin, the Fiat 500l trekking, and have to say I found the access, driving position and space very satisfying for a relatively small car. Hopefully the Renegade takes that to another level.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Certainly would look at the 500X given it's similarity. Thanks for the heads up Jay on the access and driving position. Also like it's conservative styling. I hate CUV look alikes. If I see one more triangular rear quarter window I think I'll puke. Would look at the HRV though it's styled more like a Hatchback sedan than a CUV. Actually like the Outlander Sport but not so sure about engine and cvt (I think they are going to a bigger 4 cyl. soon.) Believe that 16' Outlander Sport is getting a restyle. Not sure whether that will be a good thing or not. Like I said I'm big on conservative styling. Logically as a Mazda fan I should be gung ho for the CX-3, but I honestly can't get over the styling, particularly the so called floating roof-black C-Pillar design. Funny because its been universally praised for its styling. Well, not by me, I guess. My List: Renegade, 500X, HR-V, Outlander Sport. Will do the NAIAS and check out the above choices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.