Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on Jeep.ca Renegade build and price and simulated the final cost of the Trailhawk trim.

Since Jeep Canada do not have a price preview with Fed + Prov sales taxes like other makes (to avoid scaring people?), I simulated the sales taxes by adding options to the TH...

And I confirmed what the sales told me last week, the TH will flirt with the 38K CA$ as final cost (of course minus any extended warranty etc)

Also, what about the high Interest rates?! It seems completely surreal for such a model... Too expensive indeed for us Canadians...

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
Man it's actually cheaper up there.

COnfigured with slightly more options than I want because of the package chain reactions, but close enough, $35,825 canadian. Translated to US dollars, $28,671.92

US version of what I want with a couple minor options less. $29,220

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man it's actually cheaper up there.

COnfigured with slightly more options than I want because of the package chain reactions, but close enough, $35,825 canadian. Translated to US dollars, $28,671.92

US version of what I want with a couple minor options less. $29,220
remember that the options I added are just to bring the price to what it will be with the taxes up here :)

In other words, the 38K you see are the price of the basic Trailhawk with nothing added to it (except the hood decal)

·
Registered
157 Posts
So with finance charges you are paying $45,700 for the base Trailhawk. ??

$293.00 X 26 X 6yrs = 45,700

So much for a Canadian Trailhawk out the door for under 30K....I think I'm going to be sick :crying:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is the bi-weekly thing normal in Canada, or is it some shady thing they are pulling to make payments look smaller?
Yes, it makes it look like your are paying less. But the real reason is in the long run you end up paying less interest. If you pay your mortgage this way (every 2 weeks instead of once a month) you will shave years off a 25 yr mortgage like 5 yrs less and save 10's of thousands of dollars.You can also opt for weekly payments and save even more.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, it makes it look like your are paying less. But the real reason is in the long run you end up paying less interest. If you pay your mortgage this way (every 2 weeks instead of once a month) you will shave years off a 25 yr mortgage like 5 yrs less and save 10's of thousands of dollars.You can also opt for weekly payments and save even more.
Yea that's right, bi-weekly makes interests paying more interesting for consumer :)

You don't have that in the US?

Perhaps because we are cursed with ridiculous high car prices compared to you...

I mean the mighty elegant Grand Cherokee is 10K less in the US. Also I see you have a 4x2 version of the Laredo that I find weird. Why get a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x2 duh... Here all the trims are 4x4

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yea that's right, bi-weekly makes interests paying more interesting for consumer :)

You don't have that in the US?

Perhaps because we are cursed with ridiculous high car prices compared to you...

I mean the mighty elegant Grand Cherokee is 10K less in the US. Also I see you have a 4x2 version of the Laredo that I find weird. Why get a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x2 duh... Here all the trims are 4x4
Yes, we drive our 4X4's for 8 months and 4 months we run our dog sleds, after all we are THE GREAT WHITE NORTH :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.