Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jeep is finally adding modern lighting options to several of its models.

The American automaker has released fact sheets that detail the changes for the 2017 model year and one of the most notable changes is the addition of HID or LED lighting. The 2017 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models will receive new LED headlights and fog lights, standard on Sahara andRubicon models and optional on the Sport and Sport S models.

On the Jeep Renegade, the compact SUV will get HID headlights and automatic high-beams available as options, although the company notes it will be late availability. Also new for 2017 are HID headlights for the Jeep Cherokee, that will be standard on all trim levels excluding Sport.

The addition of modern lighting options to various Jeep models likely come as a result of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s first headlight evaluation, where the majority of cars were rated poorly. Unfortunately, the American automaker hasn’t announced pricing for its 2017 models yet, so it’s unclear how much additional some of the lighting upgrades will cost. Expect pricing information on the 2017 Jeep lineup to be announced soon.
Read more about Jeep Finally Adds Modern Lighting Options for Several Models at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good, hopefully the HIDs for the Renegade are an easy retrofit for 2015-16 models. I'm surprised they didn't just go to LEDs like the Wranglers, my wife has the Mopar LEDs on her '16 Sahara and they're great.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm glad FCA is still considering Renegade for upgrades but should stick with LED headlights . The HID are old tech, tooo much dazzle, and repairs costs start at $1000. Just not with any of those.

So again FCA takes one step forward, two steps sideways.

·
Registered
534 Posts
well this pisses me off. On all thee vehicles of qhichI have orders in the lat 3 years I did not have these options....
annoyed then angry now....

·
Registered
261 Posts
I thought they would have at least introduced LED DRLs as standard for 2017. Easy and cheap upgrade that looks so much better. My LED DRL's are now a few weeks old and are still working fine and make the Renegade look like it should for a vehicle built in 2016.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah, and correct me if I am wrong, but there has been no posts on this forum for what the 2017 Renegades are all about besides headlight options. Getting due since it's already mid-SEP16. Anybody out there know when? Please post as time is ticking for the 2017s to be revealed. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
well this pisses me off. On all thee vehicles of qhichI have orders in the lat 3 years I did not have these options....
annoyed then angry now....
Tell me about it, would have been nice to know before I ordered in June and finally got my DOJ edition the end of last month. :-(

Oh well, here is hoping that the new lighting from the 2017 will fit and work in my 2016.

Reactions: sciond
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.