Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
"Jeep Wave will be complimentary for owners of top-end 2016 Grand Cherokee Summit, Overland and SRT models as well as all 2016 Wranglers. It will also be free to owners of Cherokee and Renegade Trailhawk models."

Is this only for people who buy 2016 models or will those who just bought 2015 Trailhawks be included, i wonder??

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this only for people who buy 2016 models or will those who just bought 2015 Trailhawks be included, i wonder??
I doubt that we'll be grandfathered in, but it would make me very happy.
According to the article it states
"Program details shared on Allpar indicate that other Jeep models may be added later. The program would also allow other Jeep owners to buy into the program, though the details weren’t posted with the program on Allpar"

So it looks like other models will be. Whether that means previous year, is up to debate. Historically I doubt it.

TS

Reactions: Thorpeland

·
Registered
377 Posts
According to the article it states
"Program details shared on Allpar indicate that other Jeep models may be added later. The program would also allow other Jeep owners to buy into the program, though the details weren’t posted with the program on Allpar"

So it looks like other models will be. Whether that means previous year, is up to debate. Historically I doubt it.

TS
What was interesting, and what opens the comment up for speculation that we might be added in, is that mention of the Renegade Trailhawk does not include the "2016" MY designation.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
What was interesting, and what opens the comment up for speculation that we might be added in, is that mention of the Renegade Trailhawk does not include the "2016" MY designation.
I'm doubting it. I'm guessing this will be a device to gloss over the shortening factory warranty, and thus for 2016+ until they cut it out and have the new arbitrage metrics fully entrenched.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hmm, I have never noticed anyone waving at me from other jeeps, although I have only had my Renegade for a few weeks. Has anyone else experienced people waving or not?
People wave all the time when I'm in my wrangler. Don't have my TH yet.

Would be nice if it were retroactive.
I hope that retroactive-ness includes 2016 orders already placed at least and they don't just limit it to orders after the program is implemented.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Prepare for the waves to cease. lol :D
LOL. yeah, I figured on that. I'm keeping my Wrangler for when I need to feel like I belong.

:ReneBlueWave:

Reactions: Thorpeland

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jeep.com - Download the 2016 Brochure

Pg 26 bottom right of page.

"JEEP WAVE: It's the universal greeting all Jeep vehicle owners know, and now it's the name of a new and exclusive owners' benefit program. With your enrolled Jeep brand vehicle, you'll enjoy access to a dedicated 24/7 exclusive Jeep owner support hotline, complimentary maintenance, first-day rental and trip-interruption coverage, VIP treatment at Jeep events across the country and discounts on select brands through our shopping network. Complimentary two-year enrollment for Trailhawk. Available for purchase on other models."

Same page as warranties and such. So, it's real. But I have not found any fine print yet. Still looking.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Regarding other Jeeps waving ..

I have owned MANY Jeeps. The Wave is restricted to CJs, Wranglers and a few older Cherokees that have clearly seen some time in the mud.

When two wranglers pass, you will see them lift one hand from the steering wheel in a casual greeting of respect. I have never waved to a new style Cherokee or Grand, Patriot, or that other thing (While in my Wrangler) or seen them wave to each other, and have never been waved to while I was in my Commander. While it is called a "Jeep wave", in my personal experience, this is actually a "Hey, you are stupid enough to drive a really rough bouncy leaky Jeep rather than something smart, me too" wave. It's not a "Jeep thing", it's a "REAL Jeep thing". Sorry.

Having said that, I will be waving to other Rennys ... from either my Renny or my Wrangler. I will make my own rules, I am a Renegade now.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I've waved at other Renegades that pass by me, but haven't been able to tell if they waved back. I don't even try waving at Wranglers, or any other Jeep product for that matter.

When I drove a Wrangler a few years back I thought it was the coolest thing that we had a "secret" wave.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.