Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears,
I have bought the 2015 JR with 16k of mileage.
I have noticed that the side vents blow the air properly and the middle dashboard blows the air in much lower force.
Did anyone experience the same issue and/or its normal, maybe?
Br,

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Dears,
I have bought the 2015 JR with 16k of mileage.
I have noticed that the side vents blow the air properly and the middle dashboard blows the air in much lower force.
Did anyone experience the same issue and/or its normal, maybe?
Br,
That is a common issue, most likely a design flaw. I replaced the original cabin air filter with another brand and the air flow seemed better, but not great.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The manual states that the middle vents are supposed to direct and air flow into the rear compartment for your passengers as opposed to directing the air flow onto the driver and passenger.

That is likely why you are experiencing a lower air flow. Closing the side window vents also re-directs the air flow into the middle vents thereby increasing the flow for 6 vents to 4 vents.

I do agree with DGR that this appears to be more of a design flaw as opposed to a "true" design concept.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
agree, check the cabin.

I have seen where some did not even know there was a cabin filter, therefore, never changing it.

Being a new to you 2015, I would definitely check the cabin filter first.

Reactions: dgr401

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I just bought a new cabin filter, hope to get it installed in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It will take about a half hour, that is what the last one took me to install. Right now due to a medical problem I am not allowed to do much of anything, hopefully in the next couple of weeks that will change. It has been a looooonnnngggg month.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Life is too short to sit around with an illness. That's why our wifes tell us to man-up and get into the garden, finish the decorating etc and then they say, "Aye if men had babies you would have invented a way to make it pain free". :LOL::LOL::LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts