890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Latest product reviews:

Joe Dawn of Justice

The Autoflash is a great match with my Go Pedal the Autoflash made a dramatic change in the quickness of the shifts and when the RPMs runs up the power ban it shifts from one gear to the next smooth an crisp. Compared to stock its quick. Less hesitate from shift to shift and how you D press the gas pedal the RPM range will shift at the appropriate rpm even at a higher RPMs your shift is smooth and crisp. The Autoflash is a great addition to your Renegade by itself it will work perfect. If you pair it with the Go Pedal the package is awesome.

• 06/10/2016
  • 5 / 5 stars

Skyler T.

HOLY S#!T!!! Massively impressed. By itself this is a FANTASTIC upgrade to the renegade. I own a 2.4l auto and the shifting difference was automatic... I stomped on it in 7th gear going 50 and instead of lag I INSTANTLY dropped to 4th and shot off. Well well WELL worth the money. Pairing this with the GOpedal is the ideal combo!! Instant throttle response PLUS instant transmission response... Top notch! Thank you MADNESS

• 06/10/2016
  • 5 / 5 stars

Miles M.

Overall, I’m impressed. The vehicle shifts a lot smoother and holds RPMs much better. It is true that this tune required a little bit of breaking in. It was only moderately noticeable after the drive home but after driving to work the next day you can really notice the difference in how the transmission functions. I would say the change of performance is best characterized by giving your vehicle a Red Bull – or like energy drink. It’s just peppier and drives a lot smoother. It almost feels like the 0-60 time is faster than it used to be. If this is only a TCM tune I can’t imagine what a full ECU tune would be like.

• 06/01/2016
  • 5 / 5 stars

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Autoflash!

·
Registered
56 Posts
So if my primary issue with my Renegade is the lag time it takes to drop a few gears and accelerate in traffic, am I better off getting the AutoFlash or the Go Pedal?

·
Registered
19 Posts
from product page: "Please note! Once this unit is linked with your vehicle it is married to the car by the VIN Number. While you can use it over and over again on your vehicle if needed after a dealer visit, but you cannot use it on another vehicle. Trying to sync it with another vehicle once you paired it with your vehicle can do damage to the item and the ECU in the car. Due to the way the unit is designed to work it cannot be used on another vehicle once it is paired with yours.

Due to this we cannot accept returns for this item in any way. We have no way to tell if the unit was paired or not with a vehicle and if it is returned we cannot use it again. Because of this all sales are final on this unit once you purchase it. There are no returns or exchanges of any kind and all sales are final. Please be sure to ask any questions prior to ordering. Once shipped there are no refunds or exchanges."

Soooo you are charging $500 for software (which costs 0 dollars to duplicate an unlimited number of times) that has some primitive DRM limitations, and claiming that as a basis to not accept returns?

·
Registered
98 Posts
What if you have a 6 speed? Will it be in the form of nanobots or will a Madness representative train me to shift more efficiently?

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from product page: "Please note! Once this unit is linked with your vehicle it is married to the car by the VIN Number. While you can use it over and over again on your vehicle if needed after a dealer visit, but you cannot use it on another vehicle. Trying to sync it with another vehicle once you paired it with your vehicle can do damage to the item and the ECU in the car. Due to the way the unit is designed to work it cannot be used on another vehicle once it is paired with yours.

Due to this we cannot accept returns for this item in any way. We have no way to tell if the unit was paired or not with a vehicle and if it is returned we cannot use it again. Because of this all sales are final on this unit once you purchase it. There are no returns or exchanges of any kind and all sales are final. Please be sure to ask any questions prior to ordering. Once shipped there are no refunds or exchanges."

Soooo you are charging $500 for software (which costs 0 dollars to duplicate an unlimited number of times) that has some primitive DRM limitations, and claiming that as a basis to not accept returns?
Hello Paul,

Actually in the tuning world this is a very common practice when you're dealing with a flash via the OBDII port. As mentioned in your post this product is indeed "married" to your vehicle meaning that you cannot take that AutoFlash and try to load this software onto friends car. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Now if you're in the market for something that is more universal and comes with a RISK FREE return policy then the MADNESS GoPedal or MAXPower ECM would be some perfect examples for you to check out!

As feedback and reviews has shown this product has been gaining popularity. Not only in this community but also with the numerous other makes and models we support. Trust me, will this product be for everyone? Of course not. That's why it's our job to do our best to educated the consumer as much as possible to ensure before purchasing that this is the best fit for your vehicle!

If you happen to have any other questions in regards to this product or anything else please feel free to contact us here at the shop 562-981-6800 and we'll be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you,

Joseph
Sales Manager
MADNESS Autoworks

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if my primary issue with my Renegade is the lag time it takes to drop a few gears and accelerate in traffic, am I better off getting the AutoFlash or the Go Pedal?
Before I make any suggestions, do you have the 1.4T or the 2.4?

What if you have a 6 speed? Will it be in the form of nanobots or will a Madness representative train me to shift more efficiently?
Can't help you with the nanobots sadly :(
However if you do happen to be local in Southern California, feel free to stop by our shop. We have a pretty fixed up renegade that also has the 1.4T 6 speed We'll be very happy to show you what it can do ;)

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 2.4. My biggest problem is trying to accelerate in freeway traffic, pressing the pedal down and then waiting 2 seconds for the transmission to actually downshift and get me accelerating.
I suggest trying the GOPedal first to see if it does what you want it to do, which is decrease the lag time it takes to downshift. The reason I suggest the GOPedal is because it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee in case you are not happy with it.

Keep in mind though that the AutoFlash and the GOPedal go hand in hand. The GOPedal improves your throttle response, and the AutoFlash updates the maps of the TCU to allow the gearbox to improve shift times and bypass the torque limiter.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I suggest trying the GOPedal first to see if it does what you want it to do, which is decrease the lag time it takes to downshift. The reason I suggest the GOPedal is because it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee in case you are not happy with it.

Keep in mind though that the AutoFlash and the GOPedal go hand in hand. The GOPedal improves your throttle response, and the AutoFlash updates the maps of the TCU to allow the gearbox to improve shift times and bypass the torque limiter.

Hope this helps!

Next time you do an install of the GOPedal for the Renegade, please video it and post it to Youtube.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next time you do an install of the GOPedal for the Renegade, please video it and post it to Youtube.
We will definitely keep that in mind!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Want to learn more about the AutoFlash? Watch this video as we talk about the AutoFlash in detail!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Interested in this mod. Just want to know how it affects shift speed, shift firmness, shift points, etc. I understand it overrides the torque limiter in low gears but overall how does it work in areas outside of highway passing and initial acceleration?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
yeah just be aware as they said - it does marry to your vehicle like any other tuner even motorcycle tuners are like this

my harleys dynojet power vision - does this , it cost alot of cash , but u can purchase more licenses to unlock it for other bikes if sold to some1 or u change bikes

does this autoflash also have this ability ? can u purchase more licenses or serials to use with other jeeps if needed ever ?

or is it one time deal marry and die together lol

just curious

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah just be aware as they said - it does marry to your vehicle like any other tuner even motorcycle tuners are like this

my harleys dynojet power vision - does this , it cost alot of cash , but u can purchase more licenses to unlock it for other bikes if sold to some1 or u change bikes

does this autoflash also have this ability ? can u purchase more licenses or serials to use with other jeeps if needed ever ?

or is it one time deal marry and die together lol

just curious
The AutoFlash can only be married to one vehicle.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I cant justify purchasing something for that amount and not being able to get my money back if I am not happy with the product, does not do as advertised or will not or can not flash to my Renegade. This is bad business.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cant justify purchasing something for that amount and not being able to get my money back if I am not happy with the product, does not do as advertised or will not or can not flash to my Renegade. This is bad business.
1. Our goal is to always go above and beyond to make sure our customers are happy. Because of that we offer a money back guarantee on a number of performance parts like our MADNESS GOPedal, or MADNESS MAXPower ECM and a number of other items.

2. The TCM Module is one exception. Because of how the mapping works and how the product works it is designed to marry with the VIN of the vehicle. There is no other way around that. The flasher has a built in MAP that can be used by the owner as many times as he/ she wishes. If the dealer reflashes their TCM during a regular service update the owner can simply plug his flasher back in and upload the map again. The advantage of this is the updates can be done as many times as possible in seconds (as long as it is the same vehicle).

However, to prevent one person buying the module and then flashing 5,10,20 or more Jeeps with the same module the manufacturer designs it to marry with one vehicle. This protects the manufacturer from having their work stolen and used without permission on an unlimited number of vehicles.

This is not our design, but the design of the manufacturer. We simply assist with development of the product (maps) and do not have control over how some of the features are designed. Frankly if it was our call we would do the same thing as they have and have it marry to the vehicle since a map could be easily copied and then used without permission. We do not copy other companies maps and would not want it done to us either. That is a dishonest way of doing business. It is no different than selling pirated DVDs or stolen merchandise.

Now days companies have to take steps to protect their intellectual properties otherwise they will not be in business too long.

We have personally have a number of products we designed and manufactured get copied by companies in China and sold online for a fraction of what it would actually cost us to manufacture them. Since it is out of China there is nothing we can do.

This particular item (AutoFlash) features software that took years to develop and a substantial amount of money. It is protected by the provider.

To make sure our customers are happy we go above and beyond to make sure we inform everyone before they buy this particular product of the facts and let them make their own decision. The video we made not only helps explain the product, but also informs all that watch it that if they are not 100% sure if this item is right for them to NOT buy it.

We do not want to upset a fellow enthusiast by over promising what the mod will do and then if they are not satisfied not be able to take it back.

It sounds like this item may not be right for you and that is OK. We would rather tell you to NOT buy it rather than convince you to buy it and possibly have you be upset that you can't return it.

We instead are pretty straight forward and honest about this. You will see in our posts we are actually showing you other products that we do offer a money back guarantee that you may be happier with.

That, we believe is good business, not bad as you say.

We were and continue to be upfront in how we offer the AutoFlash and to who. That is why after about a year of selling it we have had only 1, only 1 customer that has ever not been 100% satisfied with the item. No joke! One customer!

The rest have provided very positive feedback (like the video you see). At the same time we do not try to oversell it.

We hope this makes a little more sense and truly hope you look at things a bit different after this explanation.

Thank you again for your interest and support.

·
Registered
519 Posts
1. Our goal is to always go above and beyond to make sure our customers are happy. Because of that we offer a money back guarantee on a number of performance parts like our MADNESS GOPedal, or MADNESS MAXPower ECM and a number of other items.

2. The TCM Module is one exception. Because of how the mapping works and how the product works it is designed to marry with the VIN of the vehicle. There is no other way around that. The flasher has a built in MAP that can be used by the owner as many times as he/ she wishes. If the dealer reflashes their TCM during a regular service update the owner can simply plug his flasher back in and upload the map again. The advantage of this is the updates can be done as many times as possible in seconds (as long as it is the same vehicle).

However, to prevent one person buying the module and then flashing 5,10,20 or more Jeeps with the same module the manufacturer designs it to marry with one vehicle. This protects the manufacturer from having their work stolen and used without permission on an unlimited number of vehicles.

This is not our design, but the design of the manufacturer. We simply assist with development of the product (maps) and do not have control over how some of the features are designed. Frankly if it was our call we would do the same thing as they have and have it marry to the vehicle since a map could be easily copied and then used without permission. We do not copy other companies maps and would not want it done to us either. That is a dishonest way of doing business. It is no different than selling pirated DVDs or stolen merchandise.

Now days companies have to take steps to protect their intellectual properties otherwise they will not be in business too long.

We have personally have a number of products we designed and manufactured get copied by companies in China and sold online for a fraction of what it would actually cost us to manufacture them. Since it is out of China there is nothing we can do.

This particular item (AutoFlash) features software that took years to develop and a substantial amount of money. It is protected by the provider.

To make sure our customers are happy we go above and beyond to make sure we inform everyone before they buy this particular product of the facts and let them make their own decision. The video we made not only helps explain the product, but also informs all that watch it that if they are not 100% sure if this item is right for them to NOT buy it.

We do not want to upset a fellow enthusiast by over promising what the mod will do and then if they are not satisfied not be able to take it back.

It sounds like this item may not be right for you and that is OK. We would rather tell you to NOT buy it rather than convince you to buy it and possibly have you be upset that you can't return it.

We instead are pretty straight forward and honest about this. You will see in our posts we are actually showing you other products that we do offer a money back guarantee that you may be happier with.

That, we believe is good business, not bad as you say.

We were and continue to be upfront in how we offer the AutoFlash and to who. That is why after about a year of selling it we have had only 1, only 1 customer that has ever not been 100% satisfied with the item. No joke! One customer!

The rest have provided very positive feedback (like the video you see). At the same time we do not try to oversell it.

We hope this makes a little more sense and truly hope you look at things a bit different after this explanation.

Thank you again for your interest and support.

I understand what your saying, I just don't agree with it and that's "OK". I would actually love to purchase it and see what if anything it does. But I go to Vegas to do my gambling.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am 90% sold on it but I have skepticism. Being that I am part of one of the biggest Facebook renegade groups, follow forums such as this and have searched endlessly on the internet for other testimonials with no luck, I have reluctancy to purchase. If this product was as good as it is, outside of the video and reviews on your site or sourced from your site, why can I not find any? I believe there is much potential in this product and may in fact but it. Just know that if it does fall short of all promises, I will leave an honest review saying so. I agree with the masses about the refund policy. Yes I get the ability to duplicate the intellectual properties but there is only so much you can do to mitigate that. Think of how many missed sales you have with the solid reputation and variety of products you carry. If your product is sound, people will buy from you. You can even find cheap universal resistor mods on eBay and other generic sites. People who are wise don't gamble on those. I would even go so far to offer only a partial refund if returned. The fact is there aren't enough in the wild which is keeping people like me from that 10% needed to buy with confidence. I mean you really can't move hardly any as of late. Again, the lack of testimonials anywhere else and speculation on forums and Facebook groups says enough. Any positive information on any have been chimed in by your organization.

Again I really want to buy this product but am afraid if the regret. Someone point me in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts