Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got my stage 1 mod for my CLS550 from OEtuning, they offer theirs in different tuning configurations "they call them maps". Such as 100 octane Race map, 93 octane map and valet map, in addition to the stock map.

OETuning does not offer maps for Renegade and I understand that the CLS550 is another beast.

I'm interested in getting the AutoFlash for my renegade from Madness so I was wondering if Maddness is offering custom or different Renegade maps? My gas station next door sells 91 octane ethanol free. Do you happen to offer enhanced maps or is it only the standard tuning map for 89 Octane gas?

Thanks,

·
Registered
43 Posts
i would assume if you install this, then the dealer will no longer honor the warranty?

·
Registered
15 Posts
LongLiveNod, don't expect a response from Madness but here are my two cents on this: FCA might void the warranty on the items that are related to the mod, such as engine transmission in this case. Yet, they can't void the warranty on items not related to that mod. It seems that you can flash back into the original factory map whenever you need to.

I’m not sure of the performance of Madness items that they are selling, but I’m sure their customer service sucks big time. I emailed them the same question above directly to the email address listed on their website three weeks ago and no answer. The least they could do is acknowledge the question and mention that they don’t provide what I'm asking, or they just don’t know!!

They just seem more focused on sale rather than support. Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
LongLiveNod, don't expect a response from Madness but here are my two cents on this: FCA might void the warranty on the items that are related to the mod, such as engine transmission in this case. Yet, they can't void
yea i mean it seems like a cool concept and maybe something for after the warranty is up and cars paid off. but not till then, you know? Also you ever play command and conquer? Kane is kinda the head honcho of the brotherhood of nod on there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also you ever play command and conquer? Kane is kinda the head honcho of the brotherhood of nod on there.
reminded me of the old days... I used to play Red Alert 2 with friends via lan, each would bring his own PC and meet at someone's house and play for hours or even days !!

My Kain is the: Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver ;)

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=79&v=Jupw0ajvi4U

The MADNESS AutoFlash relies on updating the maps of the TCU to allow the gearbox to improve shift times and bypass the torque limiter.

The AutoFlash is a great stand alone solution to improve your vehicle's performance, but also works well in addition to our MAXPower ECM and our MADNESS GOPedal.

Often times vehicle manufactures will limit the full potential of a vehicle to compensate for all levels of drivers and maintenance, or because the manufacturer knows that in 18 months they will be releasing a more powerful version of that vehicle and can adjust the limiters to allow for this power increase.

So, the idea of the AutoFlash is to not only increase shift speed but to increase torque limitations throughout the gearing (except for 1st and reverse gears as we leave these at factory spec for safety) which in turn changes the speed of a shift.

2.0L Diesel
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-20l-diesel-autoflash-by-madness-eu-model-pid4360

1.6L Diesel
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-16l-diesel-autoflash-by-madness-eu-model-pid4359

1.4L Turbo and 2.4L
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-autoflash-by-madness-14-24-engines-pid7471

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Speed up the transmission in your Jeep Renegade with an Autoflash from MADNESS!!

The AutoFlash is a great stand-alone solution to improve your vehicle's performance but*also works well in addition to our MAXPower ECM and our MADNESS GOPedal.

By remapping the TCU we can speed up shift times, move shift points, and bypass torque limiters!

Often times vehicle manufactures will limit the full potential of a vehicle to compensate for all levels of drivers and maintenance, or because the manufacturer knows that in 18 months they will be releasing a more powerful version of that vehicle and can adjust the limiters to allow for this power increase.

More information can be found on our website

1.4L/2.4L
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-autoflash-by-madness-14-24-engines-pid7471

1.6L Diesel
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-16l-diesel-autoflash-by-madness-eu-model-pid4359

2.0L Diesel
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-20l-diesel-autoflash-by-madness-eu-model-pid4360

Let us know if you have any questions

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Speed up your transmission and improve shift points with one simple Autoflash from MADNESS!

The 9-speed transmission in the Renegade is one of the things we liked least about it. It was slow, dropped into the wrongs gears, and just overall a real dog to work with.

Notice we said 'WAS'.

After we worked out and uploaded an Autoflash to the TCM things got much better. Shift speed has increased 30%, shift points have moved to better deliver power, and the software now looks for a better gear rather than just slugging on!

With maps available for the 1.4, 1.6, 2.0, and 2.4 variants this is the easiest way to improve the transmission!

More information can be found on our website.

1.4L & 2.4L

1.6L

2.0L

·
Registered
25 Posts
ORDERED! Cannot wait to provide a review, but, unfortunately, its on backorder. I can say this, I absolutely LOVE the GoPedal. It has awoken my Trailhawk, for sure. I keep it in Sport mode, Curve 2. By far, the best mod I've done to the Renegade thus far. Hands down. SO much more responsive. Makes my Renegade very fun to drive.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
ORDERED! Cannot wait to provide a review, but, unfortunately, its on backorder. I can say this, I absolutely LOVE the GoPedal. It has awoken my Trailhawk, for sure. I keep it in Sport mode, Curve 2. By far, the best mod I've done to the Renegade thus far. Hands down. SO much more responsive. Makes my Renegade very fun to drive.
Sorry about that.

The Autoflash has been a quick item. We do have more getting ready as we speak and they should be ready to ship out sometime next week.

The GOPedal as been another really hot item for the Renegade particularly with the invisible install on the Plus version.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
We want to thank Cylon for his fantastic and in-depth review of the Autoflash

Ok, so, over the course of the last month or so, I've been tinkering with my 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. Over that course of time I've installed Fuel Sledge Wheels 17x8, BFG K02 225 65 R17 tires, HydroSilex ceramic coating, and, the GoPedal and Autoflash upgrades by Madness Autoworks. I installed the GoPedal about a week ago and drove my Rene pretty hard trying to get used to it. Hands down, I thought that was the best bang for the buck in terms of upgrades for my Renegade. Let me explain:

What it does:
Allows you to tune your response when pressing the accelerator.
Gives you 9 different settings to dial in your accelerator response.
Makes your Renegade more responsive with less effort on the gas pedal.

What it doesn't do:
Give you more power.
Make your car faster.

The increased responsiveness was immediately noted when I set the unit to the Sport+ Mode on curve +3. It was WAY too responsive and found myself guzzling gas for the thrill it offered. I dialed it down to normal Sport mode, on Curve +2, and found it to be quite peppy when compared to stock. The problem with this setup alone is, the shift points are still way too timid. Even with the added responsiveness, the transmission would not downshift without a significant delay to make you take off with any more authority. This was especially noted at highway speeds. Everyone knows the issue where you hit the gas at 70 and try to pass someone... good luck, and, enjoy the wait. The GoPedal helped get more fuel to the engine faster by opening up the throttle body quicker, but, the transmission doesn't respond in kind. Overall, it is a very fun upgrade, especially for the average city driver.

After a week, and a short backorder from Madness, I received my Autoflash for the 2.4L engine. Installed it in about 6 minutes, 5 of which is spent letting the motor idle to begin the learning process for the new map. I then took it out for a 70 mile run. This. This upgrade is what restored the ear to ear grin on my face for this vehicle. The shift points were MUCH more aggressive, and my delay was all but gone. When I hit the gas doing 70 to pass someone, I passed them with authority. I found the transmission shifting much more and utilizing a larger range of the gears. Gas mileage actually turned out to be better for the first tank that I ran through it. (+2 mpg). That aside, the fun was back in it. I felt like the motor finally woke up, and, I was able to use the power that was there.

Now, a little bit about myself: I am a guy who notices details...its what I do for a living. Whenever I get a car, I drive it with all sound systems noise turned off, so that I can get a feel for what it sounds like. I can usually tell when a car needs an oil change just by the sound of the motor. I've driven well north of 1 million miles in my lifetime and have owned over 20 different cars/trucks. I pay attention to detail.

That all being said, i notice a MUCH smoother shift in my renegade with the autoflash map. When I want the car to get after it, it does, quickly. It doesn't create power that was never there in the first place, but, does open up what this vehicle can do. I am very happy with what the GoPedal and Autoflash offer the renegade. It was worth every penny, to me. The transmission now shifts when it should, so I dont find myself mashing the accelerator down hoping that the transmission delay was gone. I think that is where my MPG gains came from, actually.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
We just had a very happy customer drive all the way from New Mexico to have us install a GOPedal, Autoflash, and Ragazzon exhaust on his Renegade. Here is what he had to say after getting home;

*Initially of course due to the magic of the Go-Pedal I drove the car like I did the John Cooper Works! Of course, after a while, I calmed down knowing that I have had these mods done not to turn back into that crazy driver but get away from the mushiness of the car. So 600 miles [!!!], highways, cities, up and down 9000 feet, normally driving and I have to say that the Auto-Flash makes the 9 gears work like "clockwork". It is amazing to the point that here I am with a sore back sipping on my morning coffee in the comfort of my home but really want to go and drive!!! So that is all good. The gas mileage of course initially was down due to the higher speeds [really?] in Texas but has been identical as before the rest of the trip. No problem whatsoever. I don't understand what others are saying losing 5 mpg? Nuts.

*The most important point which is something that bothered me the most and we briefly talked about. Here is the past scenario keeping in mind I don't like to use brakes going downhill. So I started in Cloudcroft at 9000' downhill all the way to Alamogordo.

50mph ~ 5th gear. I want to slow down and manually drop it in 4th. For 3 to 5 seconds the car goes in NEUTRAL and the speed goes up [depending on the % of the incline] to +/- 55mph. Finally, it shifts in 4th and takes another 5 to 7 seconds [yes, I had it timed!] to drop the speed to 45mph +/-. I had to use brakes most of the time especially with a car in front of me and truly if depending on downshifting could be a dangerous situation.

NOW. Same scenario. Shifting from 5th to 4th and IMMEDIATE downshift! Meaning not even a second. Beautiful! I must say I was surprised and tried it a few times. That is such a plus as I use paddle shifting in the mountains. You should really be happy about those results. It is fantastic!!!

All this I came up with while NOT listening to music but the car. I sure hope nothing changes!!! Of course, hitting the gas pedal hard will make the RPM race up to 6000 or so and then on shift but by that time the car is already going 80mph. We don't want that... right? Insert smiley here...

Besides all that it was a pleasure to meet you all. That was the icing on the cake as they say and Boris, Thank You for sharing parts of your Life which have really touched me as I so much understand where you come from with a heightened respect of your accomplishments. Too bad you are so far. I would have loved to sometime continue our conversation over a meal I would have the pleasure to cook for you and your family. Who knows, it might somehow happen.

The whole experience was 100 times and more what I thought would be pleasurable.

That is what we like to hear from our customers! Enjoy the hardware Ara and make those mountains sing for us!

Here is what we installed

Ragazzon Exhaust
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-performance-exhaust-by-ragazzon-top-line-dual-exit-quad-tip-pid3282

Autoflash

GOPedal
https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-24l-madness-gopedal-pid7469

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Give your transmission a real kick in the pants with an Autoflash for your Jeep Renegade!

The transmission is one of the biggest drawbacks we have run into with the Renegade. That is where the Autoflash comes in. By remapping the transmission we are able to bypass torgue limitations, move shift points, speed up shifts, and make the transsmion more aggressive in it gear selection!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Speed up the transmission in your Jeep Renegade with a Autoflash from MADNESS Autoworks!

The transmission in the Renegade is a very sluggish and uncooperative piece of machinery. We didn't like how it shifted, when it shifted, or what gears it selected. Which is why we delevoped the Autoflash!

This little device over writes the data in the TCU with our own custom software. That software will speed up the shift times, change the shift points, and make it search for a more aggressive gear.

The difference is night and day. It truely is an amazing little device!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Improve transmission performance in your Jeep Renegade with the MADNESS Autoflash!

The Autoflash will remap your transmission and make several major changes in the process. Shift times will drop dramatically, torque limiter will get bypassed, and shift points will change. Once the Autoflash is fully adapted your shift times become nearly instantaneous! If you click down a gear, you go down a gear. No more waiting for the TCU to think about it, no more hesitation. It just happens!

It will also provide a much more smooth driving experience. Because you won't be waiting for gears anymore the entire transition from neutral to 9th becomes seamless!

Let us know if you have any querstions

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
Registered
35 Posts
I cant justify purchasing something for that amount and not being able to get my money back if I am not happy with the product, does not do as advertised or will not or can not flash to my Renegade. This is bad business.
Such a "distrustful" comment I cannot for the Life of me understand. Do you really think Auto Madness is a fly by night company that is selling garbage for the only purpose to make a few dollars?

I found my 2017 Trailhawk to be mushy. That is the best word I can find to describe the car. From NM I drove to their shop in Texas where I was done by noon with the install of the "Go Pedal", "Auto Flash", full "Ragazzon" quad tip exhaust and "BMC" air filter. The results are amazing and this is about 10,000 miles later. Even without the exhaust and air filter set up how can one be not happy of the "Go Pedal" and "Auto Flash" insall? Of course after spending this amount of money you want to keep the car which I will. I ended up also installing their "pole ladder" which helps reaching the roof rack. Very nice design I must say... Those add ons have created a brand new responsive and fun car to drive on and off road.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just checking in to see if these are still married in the same one n done manner?
I’m interested but not if it can’t be resold when I move on to a new vehicle.
All other tuners that I’ve purchased have allowed for the tuner to be unmarried with the stock tune being resinstalled and utilized on another vehicle. Just seems like a way of preventing a secondary used market.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts